• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

ROS

Robbo

I need help deciding what ROS steps
I want for public land, any suggestions and are they stable

I've been running 7 (started with 5) Pioneer steps from Bullman Outdoors on an OCB (Over cam buckle) strap for Eastern Woods Outdoors this season and I have been very happy with them. I started with 5 and went to 7 since I added another climbing stick to my set up and that made room to add 2 more to even things out. Seven is a good number and lets you bunch them up on smaller trees for more foot room and on big trees you have enough to go around. Once you get the hang of tightening that strap down, they are pretty solid. I learned the trick to get them tight by watching Nutterbuster's Youtube channel on OCB buckles and Squirrel Steps.

Squirrel steps are another very similar option. I have not used them but would love to pick up a set.

Here is a picture of my set up.

Attachments

• ROS.jpg
    ROS.jpg
    511.4 KB · Views: 110
I'm using ameristeps. I only tried them and bullmans. I sold the bullmans, didn't seem the get as tight as the ameristeps imo.

Started with the old plastic Ameristeps then Squirrel steps then Treehopper and now use Cranford’s saddle scaffold. They are the best hands down for stability and foot space. I highly recommend them over the others.

Tree Monkey are the best value for the buck in my opinion. Tho I haven't tried the EWO steps but they are pricey.

Started with the old plastic Ameristeps then Squirrel steps then Treehopper and now use Cranford’s saddle scaffold. They are the best hands down for stability and foot space. I highly recommend them over the others.

Also been looking hard at the Cranford ROS. Never used any ROS before. Would you recommend adding any steps to the set or are the 5 steps enough?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Check these out for a different option:

I need help deciding what ROS steps
I want for public land, any suggestions and are they stable
I’ve got the monkey bars and I’d think any designs like them or squirrel steps can be stable. IMHO, The Trick is the strap and how to get it tight. A ratchet can make them really tight and after getting an OCB, IM SOLD! I don’t think it’s possible to just pull a strap through a cam buckle and get it tight enough. I’ve only got 4 steps and I think I’ll Put 2 on my platform strap…….nothing is settled and I keep trying stuff

I put one step on my platform strap yesterday and it was pretty sweet. I’ll for sure leave it on and will put another one for the other side. Didn’t seem to ad much weight and it packed up tidey. I like having a platform way better than just the ROS. That being said, taking just the ROS is defa viable option.
469E05CF-CE32-4516-9C36-DC3F0BAF743A.jpeg93E6CEF3-F8A9-4F10-8B18-69597E3DDF94.jpeg36B572F4-DA1D-48A3-A9D2-73BCBE5CCEC5.jpeg

86057488-66C0-46E0-B6B0-1F1D786278F7.jpeg

Season 4 if not thinking about what I put my feet on while I’m hunting.

hybrid and squirrel steps on an ocb. Quiet light fiddle free setup. Fast deployment and small envelope.

View attachment 60797

Season 4 if not thinking about what I put my feet on while I’m hunting.

hybrid and squirrel steps on an ocb. Quiet light fiddle free setup. Fast deployment and small envelope.

I'm with you, I carry 4 squirrels on an OCB and I love it. However, in your pic, I'm jealous of how nicely you got your strap wrapped up. Is the OCB buckle on there? I struggle with an efficient and neat way to pack mine up. I know i'm being OCD about this, but yours looks very tidy!

Back