• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Run n Gun Hunting Pack Dump. What do you carry to the woods ?

Swampdonkey47

Let's see what's in your bags .

Maybe this can help out some folks or pick our brains to strengthen our set ups. This is what I usually carry in with me and how it loads up . Some items get taken out depending on the weather or how far I'm going in or if gun/ ground hunting . I'll get a detailed list on here when I can type it all out and also add camping gear for backcountry . But for now the picture can explain. This one is for all day cold saddle sits . If it's all loaded it's at 30+ with some water and snacks, if I wear my saddle and carry the bow I'm at 17lbs . Add winter layers and I'm at 20 lbs. IMG_5953.PNGIMG_5951.PNG

Man, your setup is super similar to mine lol. Even the same boots! If I am hunting public I use a Kifaru Duplex lite frame with Woodsman bag so I can field quarter deer. If I am hunting private I run a small Direct Action Dragon Egg pack. I'll try to get some pics uploaded of it all together.

Ain’t no way that’s two boots....we gonna need a better pic to verify this tomfoolery.

Look at the bottom right corner of the boot . haha if you look close you can see the other one

You trying to hoodoo with yer voodoo....I see a shadow. Now, if you wanna come clean and tell us your other foot got gnawed off in one of the shady duck camps in Louisiana.....well that I would believe.

Here’s the pack list of what is pictured :
Exo 3500
Mantis Saddle with linemans,tether,heater and ropemans
Predator Platform with VersaStrap +550 wrapped
Climbrite Spurs (modefied)
Mathews Bow
Kill kit ‘Tag bags ,knife,gloves,550 cord ,trash bag
Headlamp BlackDiamond
Vortex Binos
Rangefinder
Deer call
Release
S&S trekking poles
HandSaw
Milkweed pouch
Water bladder
gear rope and hanger
Thermarest Z seat with bungee
FL layers: Leafy suite jacket and mask ,Woodbury jacket. Base layers
Scarpa Boots 1 or 2

Here’s the pack list of what is pictured :
Exo 3500
Mantis Saddle with linemans,tether,heater and ropemans
Predator Platform with VersaStrap +550 wrapped
Climbrite Spurs (modefied)
Mathews Bow
Kill kit ‘Tag bags ,knife,gloves,550 cord ,trash bag
Headlamp BlackDiamond
Vortex Binos
Rangefinder
Deer call
Release
S&S trekking poles
HandSaw
Milkweed pouch
Water bladder
gear rope and hanger
Thermarest Z seat with bungee
FL layers: Leafy suite jacket and mask ,Woodbury jacket. Base layers
Scarpa Boots 1 or 2

How is that leafy suite while drawing a bow?

How is that leafy suite while drawing a bow?

Haven't had a bad experience drawing back or shooting with it so far.
I've been on the ground in the wide open and had a pair of deer fooled for a good bit with it.
I just make sure the bow is lifted and away so the cams don't touch when I draw back.

Let's see what's in your bags .

Maybe this can help out some folks or pick our brains to strengthen our set ups. This is what I usually carry in with me and how it loads up . Some items get taken out depending on the weather or how far I'm going in or if gun/ ground hunting . I'll get a detailed list on here when I can type it all out and also add camping gear for backcountry . But for now the picture can explain. This one is for all day cold saddle sits . If it's all loaded it's at 30+ with some water and snacks, if I wear my saddle and carry the bow I'm at 17lbs . Add winter layers and I'm at 20 lbs. View attachment 9246eView attachment 9245
Which EXO bag is that? I bought the 2000. Great as a day pack but winter clothes don't fit well in it because it isn't deep and my cold weather clothes are bulky. I'm going to get a bigger bag to put on the frame for next year. The pack frame is awesome. Carried out a deer and some other things with it this year.

Which EXO bag is that? I bought the 2000. Great as a day pack but winter clothes don't fit well in it because it isn't deep and my cold weather clothes are bulky. I'm going to get a bigger bag to put on the frame for next year. The pack frame is awesome. Carried out a deer and some other things with it this year.

It's the 3500, plenty of room for all the layers and still not huge or bulky .

Wow coincidence...I think not.
I just packed my EXO 3500 tonight for my last hunt.
Predator, DIY mini sticks in the middle.
Safety kit, Mantis and all accessories, First light Sactuary bibs and top with gloves and headgear in pocket, Scentlock jump suit all in the main bag.
Still need to add Xonics and all the other crap I take. If I have time I will spread it out and get pics....I way over pack.

Man, your setup is super similar to mine lol. Even the same boots! If I am hunting public I use a Kifaru Duplex lite frame with Woodsman bag so I can field quarter deer. If I am hunting private I run a small Direct Action Dragon Egg pack. I'll try to get some pics uploaded of it all together.

That's awesome . Ive been slowly piecing this together to get more mobile and to double for western hunting. These boots are the best ones I've found so far, that I haven't destroyed them within a few months like others , but still need to find some non-insulated but still waterproof for the hot months.

Throw them up when you get a chance. I'm definitely interested in how others set up and shed weight .

Tough to pack light when its in the single digits. Here’s my pack ready for Ohio Saturday. If I’m deep in public I will grab my spurs. If I know where Ill be hunting Ill use my Beast sticks.
5c28fffa8b33ec406460ec1d2e83e07f.jpg
86b12e4edacad9500b3027d7422ffeed.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tough to pack light when its in the single digits. Here’s my pack ready for Ohio Saturday. If I’m deep in public I will grab my spurs. If I know where Ill be hunting Ill use my Beast sticks.
5c28fffa8b33ec406460ec1d2e83e07f.jpg
86b12e4edacad9500b3027d7422ffeed.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Should be a good hunt for you with the temp swing! I'll be after them Monday myself.

Before I got into saddle hunting I already had a 5.11 all hazards nitro pack, think they go for around $130, and this thing is build like a tank. High quality materials and zippers. It has molly loops all up both sides, the front , and even a few on the bottom. I’m able to fit all my gear inside/outside the pack.

index.php

I put some webbing with buckles through the molly on the bottom where I roll up my coat, and on the front where I roll up my bibs to carry them in, gear ties on the side to attach my sticks.

index.php

In the main pocket I carry my saddle, tether, knee pads, and back support pad. There are two dividers in this pocket that make it nice for organizing gear

index.php

Middle pocket I carry my binos, dslr camera, and mid layer. This pocket is blaze orange on the inside so you can see into it during low light, it also has 2 rows of molly loops the whole length.

index.php

Small front pocket gets my range finder, release, grunt call, and pull up rope with plenty of room to spare

index.php

There is also another small pocket outside the other small one that I carry milkweed and reflective tacks in.

index.php

Up top it has a felt lined sunglasses pocket that i use to carry my phone, keys, wallet, headlamp, and a small baggie with pens, paracord, and copies of my license and tags.

index.php

In between the middle pocket and front pocket it has a space that will be perfect for carrying my predator once I get it.

index.php

It has quick disconnect shoulder straps that are also countoured around your shoulders, also has a chest strap, two loops for a waist belt to be added, hydration bladder pocket and a hard plastic frame inside so the pack rides right.

index.php

All in all I think it will be a great set up, I don’t always take my dslr, and when I’m not wearing cold weather gear I can also wear my saddle into the woods which will clear up more space.

index.php

All in a 12L pack

I didn’t feel like getting out all of my hunting clothes so i just used my winter coat and a crew neck sweatshirt to simulate, but it came in right at 20lbs (with one stick and no platform) I intend to carry to sticks with double aiders and just do the one stick with the second stick a couple times to get to hunting hight, so it will be more like 25 pounds total if I take everything

Back