• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Saddle choice questions

Wilgabeast

I was ordering a latitude method 2 xl but it’s out of stock and might be a while . Might change my mind to the tetherd ESS or the Cruzer archon . Anyone have imput on these

Out of those two, I’d go Cruzr. I’ll admit, I’ve never tried either, but I can’t get over big metal hanging off a saddle and I’ve heard lots of good things about Cruzr.

That’s one of the two things I don’t like about the ess . I don’t like the metal and I don’t like the crappy adjustment on the bridge

I’m definitely into the two panel . It’s gonna be my first saddle but I tried my buddys phantom and I just couldn’t get comfortable in it . And almost everyone I speak to swears by the comfort of a two panel so I think that’s what I am set on

If you happen to be the western Wisconsin/ twin cities area you’re more than welcome to try my transformer. I also have the new pleated saddle by overwatch called the orion.

I’m in Massachusetts . I really appreciate the offer though. That’s the thing out here there’s no where to go to and try saddles out . And really don’t want to wait till summer for the meet ups to test and buy one . I really want to get in one and start getting comfortable with it now and shooting from it all spring and summer

If you’re open to other saddles, I’d definitely check out overwatch outdoors. I haven’t had the chance to sit in my Orion yet, but it looks and feels extremely well built.

You might give the Treehopper Recon a look too. Very simple 2 panel based on the Anderson but has coated plates instead of bare metal. I used one all season and love it. They come in three sizes and at $159.00, not too bad.

Is it quiet and how’s the belt for walks in ?
Yes. The adjustable bridge allows you to pull everything snug while walking in. Even though it added weight I attached mine to a battle belt with suspenders. Adds padding to the back plus keeps upper panel from curling which happen on 2-panels but very comfortable and suspenders keep it from fallen down completely with pouches and such attached. Plus the battle belt adds molle loops and allows for you to put pouches more forward if you like. Good luck.

I got the overwatch transformer in size 3, haven’t been able to sit in it yet but it’s been quite comfortable during my practice climbs.

Personally of the 6 or 7 I have owned, I would order the Dryad Drey

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Last edited:
Cannot go wrong with a overwatch transformer or Orion from @JCLINE84 the man is a genius. The saddles are well built and extremely comfortable and the adjustability is endless. I’m in NH and your more and welcome to try mine anytime

Back