• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Saddle comfort vs mobility

Sup brah

Just about finished first season in a saddle that I found extremely comfortable. AeroHunter Evolution is like a lazy boy. I did several dark to dark hunts and 5 hr plus hunts and can't imagine anything more comfortable. Im open to suggestions for sure though.
This saddle is not the easiest to get in and out of in the dark and seems heavy and bulky compared the others I've seen. Any hike over a half mile or so is difficult as it falls down a lot. Homemade suspenders help but I have been known to forget them.
I am toying with the idea of another saddle for shorter hunts or longer walks to get to the hunting grounds. Would help on days when plans change as public hunting calls for at times too.
I'm curious, has anyone else has moved from an OG comfortable saddle to a more mobile one and what kinds to look for.
Again it's my first season and long hunts I will plan to use the evo but haven't tried another yet. I plan on doing some research this off season.

Have you considered just packing it in a small backpack? Sound like you really like your current saddle. If the one draw back is wearing it while walking in, the simplest solution is not to wear it in. A small pack would wouldnt be that much more weight. But dont let me stop you from trying other saddles! There are those on this forum that have one of everything. I use a Recon. You should consider a two panels saddle since you already have a single saddle.

Last edited:
Have you considered just packing it in a small backpack? Sound like you really like your current saddle. If the one draw back is wearing it while walking in, the simplest solution is not to wear it in. A small pack would wouldnt be that much more weight. But dont let me stop you from trying other saddles! There are those on this forum that have one of everything. I use a Recon. You should consider a two panels saddle since you already have a single saddle.
I guess that might be one of my issues. My backpack is too small. You gave me a great idea though! Bigger backpack when I use the Evo and current backpack for little brother haha. I'll definitely check out the Recon and 2 panels, thanks for the tip!
Now to find the little brother.
Right after I posted this I saw the thread for dumping your dump pouches that gave some great ideas also!

Back