• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Saddle for a little lady?

parsnip

Hi All,

My girlfriend is getting really into saddle hunting. She loves my cruzr XC but it is too big. It is a size 2. She's 5'4" and weighs 120 w 26 waist. She was thinking a 1 might cut it, but she's definitely smaller than how it is spec'd.

What do folks think? Is there a saddle well suited to a small lady? Also: Do you think CRUZR S might be a little less roomy than the XC?

When I bought my tactisaddle john tucker asked for measurements. Might be a great place to start. Im well into my 2nd season with it, and love the thing.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

Tx5 will make it perfect for her

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm 5'5" with a 29" waist and my size 1 kite fits nicely. There's still a lot of adjustment in the waist so I think she'd be okay there. Similarly, the leg straps could be tightened as well. I don't really have much of a butt. If you could find a used size 1 kite, it would probably work.

Treehopper's Recon sling comes in 3 sizes, including small. It is a two panel design.

Hey! Sorry, no pics coming. She’s a keeper and I’m not sure she’d like that... She went w the cruzr xc. I tried to talk her into digging in more, but she just pulled the trigger. I think she may be more of a gear hound than me too... I think this is a good thing.

She is so light a rock climbing harness will probably work well.
She has one but wanted something w lineman’s belt loops, longer adjustable bridge, more support, etc. I told her “let’s make a fleece one to go w the climbing harness, or get a sit drag” and she said: “nope. I want high quality gear and I don’t want to have to figure out stuff other people already have sorted. I get to figure stuff out plenty being a farmer...”

I am about the same size and was thinking the battle belt might be enough and had talked to @DanO about it. But it doesn’t go small enough either. For me the rch is not enough.

I'm looking for one for a child as well. Not sure what @Red Beard uses but he is not a very big guy. I'm 5'6" 160 and I use a small H2 and it works great. But it is to big for my 40 pound 8 year old.

Back