• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Saddle hunting community

swinglow

Dec 1, 2015
Well, unfortunately my season just came crashing to a halt (literally!). I got in a 4 wheeler accident and busted up my shoulder (AC joint displacement). I’m looking at 4-6 months of therapy to get back to normal.

I saddle hunted years ago with a Treesuit and an old trophy line, but haven’t used one in awhile. I was getting excited to use some of the new setups that have come out in the last few years, but I guess I’ll have to wait for next season now.

About the only hunting I might be able to do is a crossbow on a tripod from a blind. I still want to get out as much as I can especially with my kids hunting now, so maybe I can make that work.

Kurt

Nov 1, 2018
Massachusetts
Well, unfortunately my season just came crashing to a halt (literally!). I got in a 4 wheeler accident and busted up my shoulder (AC joint displacement). I’m looking at 4-6 months of therapy to get back to normal.

I saddle hunted years ago with a Treesuit and an old trophy line, but haven’t used one in awhile. I was getting excited to use some of the new setups that have come out in the last few years, but I guess I’ll have to wait for next season now.

About the only hunting I might be able to do is a crossbow on a tripod from a blind. I still want to get out as much as I can especially with my kids hunting now, so maybe I can make that work.
I'm sorry to hear that. Get out on the ground with a camera/ and or the kiddos and do next years homework now. You can hunt this year you just might not be able to kill. Coffee and sandwiches taste way better when your sitting in the woods. I used to dress my daughter in camo when she was little and take her out to sit in an impromptu ground blinds and fawn call does in for her to see. The wonder in her eyes was worth educating a few deer to my calling.

Apex7

SH Member
Jan 6, 2017
Pittsburgh Pa

I missed 2 years with a back and pelvic injuries. So I kinda know what your going through. I started saddle hunting with the Anderson sling and then a Trophyline and a Treesuit which I still have . The new saddles are awesome. Don't push it and your be back in the game before you know it. Good luck

Reactions: swinglow

swinglow

Dec 1, 2015
I appreciate the prayers everyone! I am a pastor so I know they make a difference!
I’m Starting to work on a crossbow strategy, lol