• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Saddle Rama in Lincoln Land

Phopkins

SH Member
Hey everyone, we're planning a one day meeting to compare and discuss all things saddle. March 16, 9 am at Ramsey Lake State Park, Ramsey IL. Bring your saddle gear and we'll all try to learn something from each other.
We're going to add details, but right now you need to bring your own lunch. Meeting spot is yet to be determined as the # of people and the proximity of one of the shelters to good climbing trees will have to be considered. That's all for now, watch this thread for further details.
Paul

I told my wife...she looked at me and asked why not make it a family event. So with that said I'll be bringing my camper, wife and two boys. Ramsey lake is where both boys took off their training wheels and learned to ride a bike. Love that place.

Robert, please feel welcome to come! I don't know how many folks we'll have show up, it's early yet. We're just hoping to get input from each other with the goal of shortening the learning curve a little. All are welcome.

Camping is wide open, they don't take reservations til April 1st, the guy I talked to at Ramsey thought we'd have plenty of room without intruding on any other park users. No shower house that time of year, but the campground is open.

Paul

Sounds good, I know the area and will try to be there from Southern Wisconsin.

Great, the more people we have the more perspectives we'll get. Plus we get to know like minded hunters.

I should have my Tethrd gear Tuesday or so. It shipped yesterday. So I'll be bringing my Kestrel, tether, linemans, 2 Ropeman 1s, LW hand climber platform as well as a strap on seat I use for a platform and an old saddle I modified into more of a bosun's chair 20 years ago. I hope to have WE stepps but not sure when they will ship. Can't wait.

Wish I could make it. I’m a couple hours south but I’ll be on call that weekend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Does anyone going have a size 2 Kestrel they are bringing? I have a size 1 and am interested in trying a 2 for comparison. Actually had it on order before I started hearing about a bee saddle coming out soon so I cancelled it to see what this new one entails. Little over a month out fellers!

I
Does anyone going have a size 2 Kestrel they are bringing? I have a size 1 and am interested in trying a 2 for comparison. Actually had it on order before I started hearing about a bee saddle coming out soon so I cancelled it to see what this new one entails. Little over a month out fellers!
have a size 2 kite I will have there and want to try a size 1 lol looking forward to trying all the new methods of saddle hunting did it a few years ago man it’s came a long way it just blows my mind lol

Perfect! From what I've gathered so far, there should be a wide range of saddles and climbing methods there! Definitely a time to get back into it!

Back