• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Safe Link

sdhunter

Hey guys. New to this saddle hunting. Just bought a used Aerohunter that came with no ropes. I have one of the safe link ropes that come with all millennium tree stands. Would this work/be safe to make a tether out of? It feels like any other climbing rope. This is what I'm talking about

http://millenniumstands.com/products/accessories/safe-link/

Last edited:
Hey guys. New to this saddle hunting. Just bought a used Aerohunter that came with no ropes. I have one of the safe link ropes that come with all millennium tree stands. Would this work/be safe to make a tether out of? It feels like any other climbing rope. This is what I'm talking about

http://millenniumstands.com/products/accessories/safe-link/

Any other advise to get started?
I would ditch the prussic and get a ropeman right away.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Anyone know anything about these ropes/caribiners? Safe to use with a saddle?

I don't have one so I can't comment on it specifically. It is probably safe, it is meant to catch you if you fall. I understand that you have it already, but you could build a tether out of climbing rope that you know is safe for pretty cheap. I'd also recommend getting a ropeman but that will make the price go up significantly.

I have to ask why would a company not use a figure 8 knot for the rope and a double fisherman's knot for the prusik?(better knots than the overhands)
Only answer I can think of is its made in a foreign factory and they just don't give a damn

Back