• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Satellite Phone Rental

GeoFish

SH Member
Going to North West Ontario next month. Would like to rent a satellite phone for emergency communication only? Getting confused at all the options on line.
Any recomendations?

Going to North West Ontario next month. Would like to rent a satellite phone for emergency communication only? Getting confused at all the options on line.
Any recomendations?
Most of the BWCA outfitters rent out sat phones and EPIRBS and the like. I bet a Quetico canoe outfitter will do the same. Will you be near Kenora or Thunder Bay? Lots of options around there.

Most of the BWCA outfitters rent out sat phones and EPIRBS and the like. I bet a Quetico canoe outfitter will do the same. Will you be near Kenora or Thunder Bay? Lots of options around there.
Going up through International Falls. Up past Vermilion Bay.
Going to see if there is a place in International Falls that rents them.

Going up through International Falls. Up past Vermilion Bay.
Going to see if there is a place in International Falls that rents them.
Maybe Ely is on your way:

Never rented from them, but I've bought some odds and ends from the Piragis store over the years.

Have you considered a messaging device to pair with your phone like zoleo or an inreach mini?
Thanks I am not a high tech guy, so I never heard of them. Looks like $200;+ air time.
This is a one time trip with this outfitter so I hesitate to spend the bucks. Could change my mind.
Only need this for 1 week. Most fly in fishing outfitters provide emergency communications.

Thanks I am not a high tech guy, so I never heard of them. Looks like $200;+ air time.
This is a one time trip with this outfitter so I hesitate to spend the bucks. Could change my mind.
Only need this for 1 week. Most fly in fishing outfitters provide emergency communications.
I have a zoleo. It bluetooths to your cell phone and allows you to send and receive text without cell signal. I got it because several areas I hunt here have little to no cell service and also for hunting out west where service can be hit or miss or just miss. If you dont have cell service issues anywhere else, renting is prolly the better route.

Have you considered just buying a Garmin inReach satellite communicator? You can only text or do SOS, but you'll have it after the trip.

Have you considered just buying a Garmin inReach satellite communicator? You can only text or do SOS, but you'll have it after the trip.
It looks nice, I would not need it after this trip. Best for me to rent something or go without.

Came across this, I don't know anything about this stuff but there's a place to rent one.

Back