• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Sawyers tick spray

Yes, I use it. It definitely works on ticks. I don’t notice a smell but can’t say for sure if deer smell it or care. I feel it’s worth it because Lyme disease can be really debilitating.

Permethrin based?? The stuff is fantastic. Theres been many threads on several forums about the stuff. You can also buy a concentrate and mix your own.
They also make clothing impregnated with permethrin. Some garments are good for 70 washings.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

There has to have been a dozen discussions on here about this.

I would highly recommend buying Permitherine in concentrate, mix batches in a two gallon pump sprayer and about once every four months spray down all of your hunting clothes.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Has anyone tried this stuff? It claims to kill ticks and is odorless after it dries and is good up to 6 washes. Ticks and lime disease are a real problem where I hunt in NY so this stuff sounds almost too good to be true I am just worried about messing up my scent control system. Anyone had any experience with it? or thoughts?

https://www.amazon.com/Sawyer-Produ...r=8-1-spons&keywords=sawyers+tick+spray&psc=1
Been using it for awhile works great. Hang clothes outside spray let dry and your good to go and no smell.

Exactly. And turkey mites are horrible this year. Well worth using it / hunted tonite and deer were oblivious. I use that and DEET.

Ain’t a deer or turkey in the world worth Lyme. And I’m a bonafide dyed in the wool deer and turkey hunting addict.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What concentrate would you buy? Many different percentages to choose from on amazon?

What concentrate would you buy? Many different percentages to choose from on amazon?

I've used Martin's 10% to make my own concentrate. You have to watch what you get because some have petroleum distillates and they have a really bad smell even after drying.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Go to Walmart they have Sawyers spray for 10 bucks . Just spray on you clothes let dry and store in scent free bag. One bottle should do two outfits.

Go to Walmart they have Sawyers spray for 10 bucks . Just spray on you clothes let dry and store in scent free bag. One bottle should do two outfits.
Good solution.
Concentrate is a better solution IMO.
Its less expensive and a bottle lasts a few years or more.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

What's the name of it and were to you get it and what ratio of water to product do you use and does it have a after smell?

I use the permethrin concentrate from the farm and feed store. Dilute it down to 1% and spray EVERYTHING I own. It keeps away ticks, fleas, chiggers, ants, spiders, and most importantly mosquitos.

Thanks for all your great replies everyone. I think I will go with the Sawyer's this season and if I like it ill go the DIY concentrate next season.

Thanks again everyone and good luck out there.

Back