• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Scent Eliminating Soap Recommendations

SouthernTierHunter

Gotta reup on some scent eliminating soap for scent control regimen. Any suggestions?

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using Tapatalk

I've used dead down wind, Hunters Specialties Scent-A-Way, and Scent Killer soaps. They're all about the same.

I just use the plain ‘ol green liquid hunting soap...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Smoke all my clothes, bag and boots. I can sweat all I want and my clothes still smell like smoke. Wear a smoked face mask and at the end of the day my hair smells like smoke. My whole body smells like smoke. It gets in your skin over every inch. No other cover scent or soap has covered my scent like smoking my clothes has. I hang them by the fire after an evening hunt at camp or just put back in the air tight container with the rest of my smoke clothes. I don’t resmoke or wash them every hunt. Haven’t seen any negative deer actions to it yet. If I do, I’ll try to figure out what went wrong and correct it.
I’ll still bath the night before a hunt with scent away soap just so I’m not putting any strong scents on me. I tried being as tedious as I could with a scent free regimen and scrent lok clothing from head to toe. I couldn’t breath in it and I sweated and stunk inside of it. I couldn’t tell if my scent was leaking out of the carbon suit but I still got busted after all that work. Tried it for a whole season trying to be better each time with scent elimination but there are just some lines I’m not willing to cross. It worked better in the winter but so does every scent regimen. Smoking is easy. Smoke is used to prevent bacteria on jerky and tanning hides. So there must be something scientific there. I don’t know all that stuff. I just tried it and it has worked so far, that I know of.
I smoke all of my clothes and gear with a bee smoker and put in an air tight container. Use milkweed and play the wind the best I can. I even seen at Walmart a scent cover spray in smoke scent. Lol

Smoke all my clothes, bag and boots. I can sweat all I want and my clothes still smell like smoke. Wear a smoked face mask and at the end of the day my hair smells like smoke. My whole body smells like smoke. It gets in your skin over every inch. No other cover scent or soap has covered my scent like smoking my clothes has. I hang them by the fire after an evening hunt at camp or just put back in the air tight container with the rest of my smoke clothes. I don’t resmoke or wash them every hunt. Haven’t seen any negative deer actions to it yet. If I do, I’ll try to figure out what went wrong and correct it.
I’ll still bath the night before a hunt with scent away soap just so I’m not putting any strong scents on me. I tried being as tedious as I could with a scent free regimen and scrent lok clothing from head to toe. I couldn’t breath in it and I sweated and stunk inside of it. I couldn’t tell if my scent was leaking out of the carbon suit but I still got busted after all that work. Tried it for a whole season trying to be better each time with scent elimination but there are just some lines I’m not willing to cross. It worked better in the winter but so does every scent regimen. Smoking is easy. Smoke is used to prevent bacteria on jerky and tanning hides. So there must be something scientific there. I don’t know all that stuff. I just tried it and it has worked so far, that I know of.
I smoke all of my clothes and gear with a bee smoker and put in an air tight container. Use milkweed and play the wind the best I can. I even seen at Walmart a scent cover spray in smoke scent. Lol
That's really intriguing. This year I'm def going with ScentLok since I just dropped 200 (clearance everything) on a whole system. But if scent free soap, activated carbon powder base layers and scentlok doesn't do the trick I'm going to give this a try. Thanks for the advice!

Guessing this will be a far sight cheaper than buying all scentlok. I have some scentlok stuff but I am a cheap SOB. I will try this this year as well see how it goes.

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk

I don't use scent eliminating but I use scent free.
a3134fae47b301b4bc5ad43d0bbad209.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Back