• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Schaeffer Cam Cleat on Tethrd Predator

Pilk64

Has anyone installed a schaeffer cam cleat to their predator platform?...any reasons why this would or would not be a good idea?...I am contemplating modding my platform this offseason with the cam cleat

Yes. Do it. Just make sure it's the right size!

I got this... works for 1/8 amsteel which is what I use for my platform. Can use up to 1/4 too.

The right size may depend on weight limit. I would consider the Schaefer large at a 500# rating. Only because it’s not just about your weight but the torque form the platform caming over. This is especially true if using a full bury amsteel rope because it will not flex. But ultimately it’s your call.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I thought about doing this at one time but I was concerned about how much force would be generated on the cleat by a hard cam. I used this method all season. It doesn't get much simpler and quiet than a single strand of amsteel with a brummel locked eye in each end.

Back