• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Scout or Solo Scout?

I have both and prefer the scout on a stick because the standoff distance gives your feet more room. But the scout solo in much lighter.

Additionally if you have the scout on a stick you have one less thing to carry and one less thing to attach to the tree I.e. (3) sticks +( 1) platform vs
(3) sticks w a platform already attached.

I have both too... for me I will use them with different climbing methods. 1 stick with scout attached. SRT with solo scout. Can’t decide with multiple sticks which one. Probably will depends on how well they pack in that scenario.

If I had to pick just one it would be the solo though.

I have both too... for me I will use them with different climbing methods. 1 stick with scout attached. SRT with solo scout. Can’t decide with multiple sticks which one.
I was thinking about doing the exact same thing, but I like the scout on my top stick so much better I will probably just take that one stick with the souct when I Climb SRT.

Additionally if you have the scout on a stick you have one less thing to carry and one less thing to attach to the tree I.e. (3) sticks +( 1) platform vs
(3) sticks w a platform already attached.

You might find the solo to be an advantage since you are able to get a few more feet out of setting it above your last stick.

You might find the solo to be an advantage since you are able to get a few more feet out of setting it above your last stick.

The other thought is you can set the solo to the side and below your top step on last stick and use stick for off hand shots. Seen a few doing that lately.

Can you describe the versatility advantages over the scout stick combo that made you choose the solo over the stick attachment?

The scout is specific to stick type. The solo is just a platform. You can use any climbing method with it. You can put steps on the solo strap and have a step to the left and right. If you like the idea of hunting right above your stick like you would on a scout, you can just put the solo right above your top step. There's just a lot more options for a little bit of weight.

Just curious what people think that use the scout as their one stick climbing method. I assume some of you guys do?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The scout is specific to stick type. The solo is just a platform. You can use any climbing method with it. You can put steps on the solo strap and have a step to the left and right. If you like the idea of hunting right above your stick like you would on a scout, you can just put the solo right above your top step. There's just a lot more options for a little bit of weight.
Scout on any stick is way more comfortable than the scout solo to me.

Yeah but your from Mississippi and that just makes you weird lol kidding. I think I will use the solo and only the solo this year. I will NO stick with it
Ha, I always thought everyone not from MS was weird!

Have you done this successfully? Any issues?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
No, I made a platform out of aluminum angle for my sticks. I wouldn't see why it wouldn't work as long as there is 2 holes so it can't rotate and loosen.

The only thing i would see being the issue is the back of the solo has teeth to bite into the tree. i dont know if it would sit flush on the stick. also, you lose the top step portion on the solo that is included on the scout

Back