• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Screw locking biners

Slickiron

Was wondering what is every one using for screw locking carribeeners?
Ive been looking around and im not sure whats better for trophyline saddles ( i have the old model) 2"webbing , as i just switched to a rope tether.

I don’t bother with any of that, but certainly nothing’s stopping you from doing any of that.

If I feel the need I’ll hit them with some spray paint.

I’m using the oval screw lock carabiner from DanO. Light and works well with the Kong although should be fine with a prussic. Wrap it in vet tape to silence and cut down on the shine.

I like the Black Diamond Mini Pearabiner from Trophyline’s new ropes and Tethrd’s ropes as well. It’s got a nice wide axis for webbing bridges. The Fusion Essence auto locking carabiner that AeroHunter uses is also wide enough for a webbing bridge and very light.
Both are on my system and super nice to use. Fusion gets the nod for autolocking, but screwgate might be more your style as per the original post/title.

If you're using the old 2" webbing bridge, you want a full size pear. you do not want a "d" or an oval. I use a BD vaprlock screw gate. works great.

They come shiny. Not a big deal at all. Paint it if ya want, but bear in mind the bridge will just rub the paint back off.
What about this one? Will it work for now until i can get the good ones?
Im unsure of what theese ratings mean.1011191448.jpgScreenshot_2019-10-11-14-55-38-1.png

Back