• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

tdgtube16

First off,
Let me just say, I started saddle hunting this last fall(2020). I'm new to all of this and that is why I'm apart of this community. I do a lot more reading than I do posting.

However, I do work for the hunting channel "The Element Wild." We do work with Cruzr saddles so I"m putting that out there now so people just don't automatically think "SPAM!!!"

Cruzr just released this platform and I can honestly say that i'm pumped to try it out. Being new to saddle hunting, I didn't want to pay for Tethrd's, ended up using my climbing sticks and it works but after a few hours, the balls of your feet become sore from all that weight on the climbing sticks. I'm showing you guys this video because I think this platform is genius. It has a little slope to it so your feet can comfortable sit at an angle. I just think if anybody is wanting to try a new platform or pay $$$ for a simple piece of metal then this "Seeker" platform might be what you're interested in.

Please don't rip my head off.

Don’t mind some of the folks on here. Looks like a great platform and can’t wait to see some more reviews once people start putting them through the paces come hunting season.

Don’t mind some of the folks on here. Looks like a great platform and can’t wait to see some more reviews once people start putting them through the paces come hunting season.
Appreciate it man! I agree, I can't wait to really test it out this fall. I try to only post stuff that I believe in and think would help someone else out and definitely think these platforms will be a hot ticket. Still a little $$$ but IMO if you're choosing between tethrd's and cruzrs I rather have that slope for my feet.

I purchased one. Painted and ready for deer season. Hands down will help with foot fatigue for All day hunts.

That’s sweet no doubt! Cuantos? Looks like it came with a cam buckle on the strap. Not sure why they don’t just come with an OCB……..guess everything needs a mod.

I purchased one. Painted and ready for deer season. Hands down will help with foot fatigue for All day hunts.
I like the idea of painting over putting vet tape on a platform. My platform surface is smooth so i put vet tape on it. The surface of the seeker looks perfect and should have plenty of grip! Can’t wait to get mine and paint it up!

That’s sweet no doubt! Cuantos? Looks like it came with a cam buckle on the strap. Not sure why they don’t just come with an OCB……..guess everything needs a mod.

The platform cams down, right? (Honestly asking because I don’t have one) If so, then you should not need an OCB to get the strap tight, a simple cam buckle gets it pretty tight and then the camming action of the platform gets it really tight.

I like the idea of painting over putting vet tape on a platform. My platform surface is smooth so i put vet tape on it. The surface of the seeker looks perfect and should have plenty of grip! Can’t wait to get mine and paint it up!
I'm actually going to buy the mini seeker as well. I'll use it for a quick or long walk in hunt.

The platform cams down, right? (Honestly asking because I don’t have one) If so, then you should not need an OCB to get the strap tight, a simple cam buckle gets it pretty tight and then the camming action of the platform gets it really tight.
When your standing on the ground behind the strap, you can get a Cam buckle pretty tight. Hanging from a rope and trying to tighten it sideways is a different challenge. I’ve used cam buckles, a ratchet and now am absolutely sold on the OCB! If I pull the strap very tight with an OCB, I’ll never get it to cam over. But camming over an OCB is much easier for me than getting a strap tight with a cam buckle. If you use a cam bucket, set(or cam) your stand 3 times and it’ll dig in and get solid. I’ll set my platform twice, just for good measure after camming over my OCB. But I also have 2 ROS steps on that same strap……..this is just my personal experience.

Back