• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Sell me on your favorite quiver

JCLINE84

Vendor Rep
I finally downsized to one compound bow that fits me perfectly. Hoyt Axius Ultra, because I have a 30 inch draw. Anyway I’m deciding on a quiver and would like some input from you guys. I’ve never found a quiver that worked perfectly. I like double grippers but don’t have to have them. I like being able to remove my quiver but could be talked into a two piece quiver. What do you like? And why? The new tight spot pivot looks cool but also like it could be flimsy

Trophy ridge Hex light. 5 spot. On and off pretty easy. Built in tree hook. Green light on the end and in the cover. Forgot my headlamp one night, and used it to guide me back home so I didn't trip over any sticks. Can't comment on the longevity of the lights. But assume they can be replaced. Comes with 2 different size holders for smaller arrows. Good quiver for a good price. Not that I have owned many. Didn't loose any arrows last fall out of it.

Apex Reactor XL Quiver Black 5 Arrow
I think this quiver is great. Esp for $75. Light, very sturdy. Adjustable top to bottom on your bow. Adjustable in and out on your bow. I also have a 30" draw. So I like a quiver that allows me to have my knocks not stick out past the bottom of my bow. The clamp is very secure, to keep the tension where I wanted it I used some blue locktite, that worked great. I like to take my quiver off in the tree, this comes on and off easily. The two arrow grippers are adjustable in position. This grips the arrows very nice. One arrow is removable from the side for quick easy access. The only thing I would change if I were the designer is I would go with a deeper hood as some hunters choose large fixed blades. For safety they could use a 3" deep hood. Outside depth of the hood is 2" I suspect you lose about 1/8" or so inside. This is the best quiver I have ever owned. I would buy it again. I got it on Amazon. I did DIY a hanging loop.

Last edited:
Trophy ridge Hex light. 5 spot. On and off pretty easy. Built in tree hook. Green light on the end and in the cover. Forgot my headlamp one night, and used it to guide me back home so I didn't trip over any sticks. Can't comment on the longevity of the lights. But assume they can be replaced. Comes with 2 different size holders for smaller arrows. Good quiver for a good price. Not that I have owned many. Didn't loose any arrows last fall out of it.
^^^^^^^^^This ^^^^^^^ I love my trophy ridge quiver especially the green light. I use a sling and the green light is great for walking to your stand in the dark. Used it many times last year and batteries are still good.

I have the standard trophy ridge 5 arrow double containment on both my bows...cheap, tough, and dependable. How many arrows do u guys usually take? I find myself only taking 3. My only complaint mirrors @GetHomeSafe ...I have cut my fingers on broadheads that stick down below the shroud

Tight Spot 3 or 5 arrow quiver. Holds all broad heads easily and they make the Rise model that disconnects and hangs right to your HYS strap or attachment point. They are fully adjustable and light weight. I own the three arrow and five arrow and love them.

My vote is for the Tight spot quiver. They make a double gripper one now. But also can get the original style and buy a double gripper to convert it. Over the last 15 years I have bought 5 or 6 quiver and nothing I have tryed compared to the Tight spots.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Apex Reactor XL Quiver Black 5 Arrow
I think this quiver is great. Esp for $75. Light, very sturdy. Adjustable top to bottom on your bow. Adjustable in and out on your bow. I also have a 30" draw. So I like a quiver that allows me to have my knocks not stick out past the bottom of my bow. The clamp is very secure, to keep the tension where I wanted it I used some blue locktite, that worked great. I like to take my quiver off in the tree, this comes on and off easily. The two arrow grippers are adjustable in position. This grips the arrows very nice. One arrow is removable from the side for quick easy access. The only thing I would change if I were the designer is I would go with a deeper hood as some hunters choose large fixed blades. For safety they could use a 3" deep hood. Outside depth of the hood is 2" I suspect you lose about 1/8" or so inside. This is the best quiver I have ever owned. I would buy it again. I got it on Amazon. I did DIY a hanging loop.
I’ve looked at that quiver and it seems to be a lot like the tight spot but cheaper. Seems to always have good reviews

I have the standard trophy ridge 5 arrow double containment on both my bows...cheap, tough, and dependable. How many arrows do u guys usually take? I find myself only taking 3. My only complaint mirrors @GetHomeSafe ...I have cut my fingers on broadheads that stick down below the shroud
I usually carry 3 on a compound and 5-6 on the recurve just to shoot squirrels and stumps when I’m bored

I just bought a tight spot for my new setup. I've owned multiple brands and the tight spot tops them all in my opinion.

I typically take 3 with broadheads and 1 additional with a Zwickey judo point/grass head.

I’m following this one as well. I just recently replaced my multi-pin sight for a single pin; with my new sight, my trusty alpine softloc that I’ve had and enjoyed for the last 12 years doesn’t fit and is going to have to be replaced.

I started with the cheapest possible quiver I could find at Walmart then modified it to suit what I wanted. It does everything I need it to do when it is strapped to my bow or when I take it off my bow and hang it on a hook.

I hunt alone so it doesn't need bells and whistles (to impress folks :), and in fact if this upcoming season is similar to last season, I should just leave my quiver at home - I would kill almost as many deer in these Florida swamps with no arrows as I do when I carry 4 in my quiver.

I'll gladly pay you double what you paid for the one you are getting rid of if you can put me on some deer in these dadgum swamps...

I can't find much to beat the ol 3 kwikee for me. Has double grippers, pretty compact, & they don't cost much.

Yep, have two of these guys in 3 arrow.

With the bracket but no arrows, it weighs 5.1 ounces and is strong and cheap. It has 2 grippers and holds standard-sized carbon arrows very securely. I get the carbon fiber wrap which looks okay on most bows.

Cross Axis design is fantastic if you like arrows always at hand, but it's not made for your bow. Maybe too involved a DIY.

I have an Arrow Web on one bow. I heard guys were ragging on them here but I like it. I often hang my bow via the quiver receiver rather than the limb.

I also have a Kwikee and it is fine too.

Anyone run a Treelimb Quiver?

Tightspot 3 arrow. It's small, lightweight and holds all the arrows you should need for a day in the woods.

Edit: It also has enough room to hold Iron Will Wide 150g broadheads.

I’ve looked at that quiver and it seems to be a lot like the tight spot but cheaper. Seems to always have good reviews
That is the same thing I concluded after research and looking at the tight spot, this seemed to be the equivalent but a better value. Now that I own it that is still what I think. I believe you would like it. I shoot Gold Tip Hunter XT 400 arrows. If you need an inch deeper hood your could DIY that.

I’ve only ever used kwikee and now a Mathews. I love the Mathews. I would figure out how to mount one on that Hoyt.

Back