• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Serving separation?

TooBigToFit

So a continuation on this thread here...

First of all, thanks everyone for the help. Have been putting quite a few arrows through my setup. It's been about a month, and my D-loop and peep are starting to get out of alignment again. Looking through the peep is more like an oval/slit than looking through a circle.

Basic summary is...

-Bow restrung by shop in June, dloop started going out of rotation relative to sight after shooting enough shots to zero sight (sight was oriented normally at rest, dloop was 90 degrees to sight)
-Retied dloop back in line around that time
-Dloop started rotating again, just cutoff my loop to retie another one.

Here's what I found... is the slight bit of serving separation beneath the lower nocking point a concern?

NBwzePn.jpg

Thanks again!

Your string stretched and a little separation isn't the end of the world. I would check the timing and get the string and cables check out and twisted back up if need . You can always reserve you center serving if the separation bothers you. It's not hard to do a center serving. Look on YouTube there should be a bunch of videos on how to do it. As far as timing and brace height if your not familiar with doing that take your bow to a pro shop and tell them that your string probably stretched and check it out. That's why your string loop is moving.

I personally don't use D loops but when I did center serving separation was something I experienced. After speaking to a tech at BCY I started using Power Grip center serving and this helped but was also told that nocking pliers put excessive amount of stress on the string actually cutting through the center serving.

It's kinda common to happen. The d-loops can put a lot of stress on the string at that "pinch point" and can sometimes cause the serving to be pushed slightly. Also depends on what serving material they used and diameter etc.. I've seen some serving more prone to this than others. Not really a big deal. Looks like it was happening on the top side as well. You can either get it reserved or tie on your d-loop. Personally, I would just tie on a new d-loop.

To recenter d-loop and peep just add a half rotation to the string. A half rotation will be about 45 degrees of peep and d-loop rotation. It can happen as a new string settles. Hope this helps!

Back