• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Shout out from an overwelmed newbie...

dirtroadhound

I just wanted to say thanks to Steve, SaddleHunter.com and the Saddle Hunter Map. I am new to the saddle world but not hunting and have been reading everything about saddles from hip pinch to grigri's to SRT to HYS to SYS to static to dynamic to JX3 and right when I thought I had something figured out and purchased all the stuff I would find something else I wanted/needed/had to have and it was getting overwhelming. Then I found the saddle hunter interactive map and saw that there was a saddle hunter close by, Steve.

So I reached out to Steve and asked if we could meet up and of course, he said yes. It took us a week or so to hook up but over the weekend Steve took about an hour and a half to meet up with a "newbie," bring his current saddle system and meet me at local school to show me around saddle hunting world in person. We went over all his gear and then all my gear and talked about the different systems, saddles, tethers, belts, pouches, sticks, spurs, ropemans, kongducks, oplux, cameras, platforms, methods he has used or owned.

Then he proceeded to climb a tree while giving me instruction. We only got a few weird looks from pass bys but so what. Anyway, I just wanted to let everyone from this forum, users/owners/vendors etc...know that it is working and this is what makes this place so great. Thanks again to this forum and especially Steve, he saved me a lot of time and money, probably (still gonna read and tinker), he is a really good guy that would drive across town with all his gear on a Sunday morning to meet a stranger and climb a tree with him just to help that guy out.

Attachments

• steve.jpg
    steve.jpg
    90.4 KB · Views: 93
  • steve2.jpg
    steve2.jpg
    131 KB · Views: 92
Welcome to the site, and Thanks Steve for helping out a new guy.

Looking good! Nubie or Novice we can all learn from each other. Thanks for posting pics!

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

good on you for giving a shout out - at our current rate of growth there is not many places left where you can't connect with an existing SH - unless of course your are west of the Mississippi

Don't get overwhelmed. There are answers to every question here like mechanical vs fixed, scentlok or no scentlok and platform or ROS. Everything will be clear in no time...

Where do you find this map and how do you use it?...thanks in advance from a newer newbie!

I just wanted to say thanks to Steve, SaddleHunter.com and the Saddle Hunter Map. I am new to the saddle world but not hunting and have been reading everything about saddles from hip pinch to grigri's to SRT to HYS to SYS to static to dynamic to JX3 and right when I thought I had something figured out and purchased all the stuff I would find something else I wanted/needed/had to have and it was getting overwhelming. Then I found the saddle hunter interactive map and saw that there was a saddle hunter close by, Steve.

So I reached out to Steve and asked if we could meet up and of course, he said yes. It took us a week or so to hook up but over the weekend Steve took about an hour and a half to meet up with a "newbie," bring his current saddle system and meet me at local school to show me around saddle hunting world in person. We went over all his gear and then all my gear and talked about the different systems, saddles, tethers, belts, pouches, sticks, spurs, ropemans, kongducks, oplux, cameras, platforms, methods he has used or owned.

Then he proceeded to climb a tree while giving me instruction. We only got a few weird looks from pass bys but so what. Anyway, I just wanted to let everyone from this forum, users/owners/vendors etc...know that it is working and this is what makes this place so great. Thanks again to this forum and especially Steve, he saved me a lot of time and money, probably (still gonna read and tinker), he is a really good guy that would drive across town with all his gear on a Sunday morning to meet a stranger and climb a tree with him just to help that guy out.
With all the crap that goes on in this world, I know, there are still great people in it. I tip my my cap to Steve, and I welcome you @dirtroadhound, from Massachusetts.

Back