• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Sika Deer Hunting

Duramaxlbz

Looking to do a sika deer hunt this season seeing if anyone else would be interested in going. I Have never hunted them before always wanted to I live in Maryland. Anyone want to go??

If my schedule stays open I'm in. Harford county.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

I'm thinking of going down in late September, trying to decide hotel or campground. Anyone familiar or recommend anything?
Most hunters will tell you the bugs are horrible and the deer are nocturnal until mid October when they rut.

Most hunters will tell you the bugs are horrible and the deer are nocturnal until mid October when they rut.

I have zero experience but from everyone I asked, that was my conclusion as well. I figured early muzzy would be good timing......

I'm thinking of going down in late September, trying to decide hotel or campground. Anyone familiar or recommend anything?
Hotel. Skeeters are horrible...definitely need at least 1 thermacell. I'd bring a backup just in case lol. . There's a days inn that I use. Its like 60 or 70 bucks usually.
Get in the frag on the edge of the pines across from a farm or nearby something like that. As soon as they start getting pressured they go right for the frag. I havent hunted sika there but my buddy does all the time. I have done a few turkey hunts there and figured a lot out just from scouting birds and seeing them move.

I'll keep an eye on this thread. Me n my pops are gonna be hunting the rut this year. I've seen some really nice stags at assiteague Island too. We used to go drive on the beach at night for rockfish and those little buggers were jumpin all over the roads. They got some serious hops.

little late to this thread. definitely will be there the 2nd week of october for a 3 day trip to blackwater. would love to meet up with some folks from here and put some swamp ghosts on the ground!

little late to this thread. definitely will be there the 2nd week of october for a 3 day trip to blackwater. would love to meet up with some folks from here and put some swamp ghosts on the ground!
I’m not sure on an exact date for October I was hoping to go when we get the first colder weather.

Would love to ever since I watched MeatEater looks like a blast

No seriously though, I’m looking forward to this h in hunt, I’ve lived in Maryland for over 20yrs but never got it together & planned it out. Hunting them in the dunes wasn’t my first pick, but my buddies wanted to camp & go there it was a bucket list hunt for them. If I get the chance I want that classic muck & swamp ghost hunt.

No seriously though, I’m looking forward to this h in hunt, I’ve lived in Maryland for over 20yrs but never got it together & planned it out. Hunting them in the dunes wasn’t my first pick, but my buddies wanted to camp & go there it was a bucket list hunt for them. If I get the chance I want that classic muck & swamp ghost hunt.
Both places will be cool hunts. Each in there own way. Its so much different than typical whitetail hunts. Even the turkey lottery hunts i did just felt way different than what I was used to here in MD. Chasing birds in the swamp! Surprising amount of turkey there actually. Used to hunting western MD for that. Im excited to get my first stag hunt in.

Back