• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

SILENCING PREDATOR?

Chaceigan

Curious if anybody else has done any special mods to there predator to silence it? when I open the stand and the adjustable bolt hits the post, PING! bye bye deer! Suggestions please, I know open it soft and slow is what everyone is thinking, still louder than I would like.

Ours makes a popping noise when shifting around on it. We're still tinkering to try and stop the noise.

There is supposed to be a kit made for these platforms from Lou at stealth that these tethrd boys have bought

Stealth strips, hockey tape, etc. Are all good options. There is a custom stealth strip kit for the website coming soon. But for now... Get creative!

Sent from my Galaxy S8.

Ours makes a popping noise when shifting around on it. We're still tinkering to try and stop the noise.
Have you tried a light lubricant like a silicone spray? That seems to work for most people

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Have you tried a light lubricant like a silicone spray? That seems to work for most people

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

This is what worked for me. After spraying it's totally silent.

Attachments

• IMG_1965 (2).JPG
    IMG_1965 (2).JPG
    178.4 KB · Views: 193
super glue a thin piece of rubber where the bolt hits. You will wear through the stealth strips quick if it’s not a perfectly flat bolt head. My lone wolf has an uneven head so I get a thin ring that hits. Holding all of my weight, it wears through quick and you will get that pinging noise again. The rubber prevents this. Even with a full season of use it’s still good for another year.

I was thinking of using the rubber cover for a door stop but dont have any to try it, thinkin about trying to glue a good chunk of rubber over bolt

I would not recommend using hockey tape on your platform. I used some on my XOP platform last year and it was a huge mistake. The tape is tacky especially in warm weather and your boot soles will stick to it making a popping sound every single time you move your feet. I ended up stripping mine and going with a texture spray paint with sand in it for grip. Worked out perfectly fine for me and even deadened the sound quite a bit.

Stealth Strips would work fine too but the edges would have to be wrapped really well due to the fact we stand on the edge of these platforms when leaning in our saddles. The edges really wear out easily. This is why I decided on the texture paint on mine because it’s easy to touch up. Gonna do the same with my Predator.

This is what I used in brown tone.

https://www.fleetfarm.com/detail/rust-oleum-american-accents-stone-spray-paint-12-oz-/0000000272669?Ntt=Texture spray paint

Surprisingly it’s been pretty durable even though it says indoor use only. I did give it a clear coat over the paint so that probably sealed it pretty well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I agree with @Dewey. I love stealth strips but I don't put anything with adhesive on places that will see wear and tear. I have been using the camo vet wrap tape I get on amazon to wrap stuff like this (my biners and my step platform). It holds up most of the season if not longer and is pretty cheap and easy to replace if necessary.

Can you smell it now since you sprayed that on it?

I didn't notice a strong odor, but I would rather it have an odor than a noise. Deer will probably smell me before it smells the lube. Besides I don't start hunting until October 1 and I'll spray the platform with scent killer before then .

I didn't notice a strong odor, but I would rather it have an odor than a noise. Deer will probably smell me before it smells the lube. Besides I don't start hunting until October 1 and I'll spray the platform with scent killer before then .

I'd take 1 ding over constant smell when your in the area. You'll fool a bucks ears but you won't beat his nose. That scent killer is worthless as tits on a boar hog

I'd take 1 ding over constant smell when your in the area. You'll fool a bucks ears but you won't beat his nose. That scent killer is worthless as tits on a boar hog

My platform didn't have 1 ding, it was a constant popping noise that was made with any and every move that I made when leaning or sitting. I firmly believe that a downwind buck will be more aware of my scent than any scent that he hasn't had a bad experience with.

My platform didn't have 1 ding, it was a constant popping noise that was made with any and every move that I made when leaning or sitting. I firmly believe that a downwind buck will be more aware of my scent than any scent that he hasn't had a bad experience with.

10/4 misunderstood I apologize

Reactions: WHW
I agree with @Dewey. I love stealth strips but I don't put anything with adhesive on places that will see wear and tear. I have been using the camo vet wrap tape I get on amazon to wrap stuff like this (my biners and my step platform). It holds up most of the season if not longer and is pretty cheap and easy to replace if necessary.
Camo Form tape works well too. No sticky residue like hockey tape. I used this on my WE Stepps. It is pretty expensive though but should be really durable.

Got a cure but cant upload photos for some reason, tubeless tire valves perfect size and very durable rubber for the adjustable bolt just had to use the dremel to open er up on the inside a lil bit so it will lock on but worth the silence

Back