• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Singer 66 - Will it work?

sokraski

SH Member
I've been keeping an eye on a Singer 66 Centennial that is posted on Craigslist. I'm looking to make some bags, pouches, webbing loops, etc as well as eventually dabbling in the diy saddles. Will this machine be able to handle these different tasks (going through several layers of heaving material/webbing with thick thread) or should I be looking for a different model? My google-fu has been getting me some conflicting answers. Much thanks.

Thanks again @bj139. Watched that video and went ahead and contacted the seller. I'm going to pick it up early next week. Guess I'll have to look through the flashlight thread now so I can see once I get down in this deep rabbit hole!
If you just use what you have and make things you should not fall down the hole. Knowing what I know after trying many machines I could have stopped at my Singer 15 and been happy. Your 66 should be about the same. If you make your own saddles you won't fall down the saddle hole which is a lot more expensive.

Back