• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Anyone else ever stumble across the ridiculous flashlight hobby?

7mmremmag

Vendor Rep
SH Member
I recently stumbled across the r/flashlight subreddit. Some of these things are ridiculous. Like a thumb size flashlight that throws a few hundred hards.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210104-192913_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20210104-192913_Gallery.jpg
    395.6 KB · Views: 321
  • Screenshot_20210104-192930_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20210104-192930_Gallery.jpg
    293.3 KB · Views: 317
Yeah, there's huge forums for them. I've used them to figure out protected rechargeable lithium ion batteries. I own 5 different Fenix lights (including one that is a flood light that will fit in your pocket). They are pretty affordable for what you get (60 bucks for a flashlight that will blow your mind).

Zebra light.... They are crazy, I have 2, I researched those flashlight fetish forums and that was top of there list.

I picked up a BLF (budget light forums) FW3A the other day as well.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210105-200942_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20210105-200942_Gallery.jpg
    367.9 KB · Views: 177
  • Screenshot_20210105-201004_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20210105-201004_Gallery.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 175
Illumn.com, amazon, intl-outdoor, nealsgadgets, jc customs, mtnelectric

I have the parts coming for my first build.

These 2 lights right here are unreal, I am a novice to this kind of stuff but once you try one there is no going back28B02D75-C2A4-4AE1-8EEE-BF972B4639DF.jpeg

My edc light is a fenix pd35. There is a new type out, some kind of laser something something, it's amazing. But expensive...

I have a fenix pd40 and am very happy with it. Seems to hold a charge very well and is insanely bright

Laser excited flashlight

or

Laser excited phosphorus

eyl9.jpg

LEP_torch_4.jpg

Im a huge fan of Fenix flashlights. I also have nitecore stuff as well. They are very similar. One of my favorite things is the rechargeable 18650 batteries that you see in most of them. I have flashlights and headlamps that run off the same rechargeable batteries. Whenever I see people recommend headlamps with AAA batteries I cringe. They have no idea how awesome the 18650 platform is. Its nice to swap batteries on the fly.

I have issues with my Nitecore. I can turn cap tight and no light. Undue, twist back on and have light. Its been unreliable. Also, I bought it with batteries on Amazon and experienced thermal run away with them as soon as I removed them from packaging.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have issues with my Nitecore. I can turn cap tight and no light. Undue, twist back on and have light. Its been unreliable. Also, I bought it with batteries on Amazon and experienced thermal run away with them as soon as I removed them from packaging.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is a common problem/non-problem with Fenix also. See if this helps:

Check if contact/contact plate on the cap has unscrewed itself from making contact with the battery while twisting. Unscrew cap, stick needle nose ends on dimples or where they might engage (fenix has dimples) and then turn one way or the other (might be counter clockwise) until it snugs. Try again.

Last edited:
Back