• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Single stick and platform concept

Yeah I took some aluminum angle and machined it out and welded together. Still looking at ways to lighten it at 7lbs total weight with the stick, ropes and aider.

That looks sweet. I’d patent that. The logical next step in stick evolution, where you totally eliminate the stand off and save that weight or use it to offset the additional weight for the bigger platform. That’s smart as Fuuuudge. However, I hunt in old growth with lots of big trees so I would want to open that tree slot angle up a bit more toward the back corners to accommodate bigger trees better. That’s impressive....

Yeah I took some aluminum angle and machined it out and welded together. Still looking at ways to lighten it at 7lbs total weight with the stick, ropes and aider.
Dude, just saw the other photo, that thing is a freaking tank! That thing would hold a 800lb guy. You need an engineer to tell you where you can shave it down or hole it to lighten it up.

I agree I like the side support acts like a wedge/bridge it will handle side pressure from anyone like no body’s business

It is built overkill I know I just gonna have to test my limits with some of the steps I've made and other platforms of similar construction to see what I can take down to reduce weight. Also gonna look at filing the teeth down a notch not sure if anyone noticed but first couple pics it's not strapped bc the teeth bite so good in the soft bark.

Back