• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Sit and drag comfort evaluation thread

redsquirrel

Administrator
Staff member
SH Member
Ok guys, lots of hype on the sit and drag with lots of practice in the offeseason, but there is still limited field time in it. I'm interested to see everyone's evaluation of it from actual hunting time.

I am using a custom saddle this year with a new tribe waist belt to hold everything up and for the linemans loops. I can attach whatever bottom I want to this. So Saturday morning I used my anderson sling, and Sunday morning I used the sit and drag. I sat 3.5 hours on both days.

The anderson sling took a little more adjusting to get it where it was comfortable, but when I got it there it was pretty good. Being able to spread the 2 sections out allows you to spread out your pressure points and move them around.

The sit and drag was extremely comfortable right away. About 1.5 hours into the sit it started to get a little uncomfortable. I was able to readjust it a little but it was never as good as it was for that first hour.

My thoughts on the reason for that: I think the seat portion needs to be a little wider to cup my butt better. I think I might order another one, cut it down the middle and sew on a wider piece of cloth. I'm thinking maybe another 6 inches, but I'd have to experiment.

So that being said, I have the custom saddle which I made last winter, which has a wider butt portion. I'm planning to hang in that tonight for comparison.

So I'd like to see everyone's honest assessment of the system after you've hunted with it.

I only needed 5min in the sit drag to know I would not hunt from it without total alteration with similar thinking on what you mentioned. Heck I grabbed a sling and placed it down the middle and instantly it was better "for me". We are all different, so those that are happy dont take issue with my opinion. Id for sure cut off current fabric and add center strap and separate the original 2 straps and add fabric back.
Ultimately I think the ideal saddle for me will have an open rectangle for my butt, then triangulation of straps up and around the lower thigh/hip area.

Red, do you think you were a little sore from Saturday's sit? I "cup" myself between the sit drag and my combat belt I use. I am going to try a molle 2 belt as the back support and see where that leads me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have 100s of hours this year prepping trees - now it was not static time like in hunting, but so far I have no problem with the sit drag as is.

I haven't had an issue yet but I stand a fair amount on my platform rather than sitting in my saddle. And I'm more of a leaner than a sitter in my saddle.

Also, it's by far the easiest harness to drop a deuce from an elevated position.

Like most of you I don't have hunting time in my current set up yet to really evaluate it. I do know after adding a 1" pad to the entire seat surface it really helped even out all the pressure and gave the SD a little rigidity. I used just the top belt of an Evo last year and liked it so I don't see the SD being much different. In my testing it is actually a good bit more comfy than what I was using.

Hey guys, just wanted to bump this thread. Got my sitdrag in the mail today and played with it at ground level. I'm not sure I'll be able to sit longer than 30 min to an hour in it the way I was using it. Anyone have tips? I'm 6'3 and about 200 lbs.

Try leaning rather than sitting. Play with your tether height and bridge length. You may find it works best for you with a quality platform rather than using it like a conventional saddle with steps.

In that case, I would recommend either, a FlinginX Super Pro Premium Platform, DaveT1963 Ultimate Platform, or either the Ultimate or Deluxe Limited Platforms by BassBoysLLP. Or make your own. Just make sure to give it an awesome name. ;)

Last edited:
I feel like a platform that was at a 45° angle with respect to the ground would be most comfortable for my feet and ankles. That and if the SitDrag was taller? Just guessing here. I have the wye at chin level and can only seem to get 'comfy' by putting my feet on the tree itself.

Sounds like you are hanging reasonably far out. Try shortening your bridge and tether putting yourself a bit more upright. You're tall enough that you can maneuver most by just leaning slightly.

10 hrs in mine over the weekend and sitting in it right now. With an eye level hookup and platform to stand on its very comfy! I'm really liking mine so far this season

Alright thanks guys, I'll give it a another try tomorrow afternoon with your suggestions! Cheers :)

As Bass eluded to, lean into it as if you were leaning against a pool table or the fender of a car. I agree with his assessment if your wanting a 45deg angle platform, your tether/bridge is way too long. As an example I run my tether at almost zero length and use a 36" bridge. I can easily grab the back of the tree and take weight off my tether at any time.

10 hrs in mine over the weekend and sitting in it right now. With an eye level hookup and platform to stand on its very comfy! I'm really liking mine so far this season

Yeah but your a machine! :D

Hey guys, just wanted to bump this thread. Got my sitdrag in the mail today and played with it at ground level. I'm not sure I'll be able to sit longer than 30 min to an hour in it the way I was using it. Anyone have tips? I'm 6'3 and about 200 lbs.
They're really not comfortable. Matter of fact it will probably cost you a big buck due to your fidgeting around trying to get comfy. Send me a pm and I'll take it off your hands.

They're really not comfortable. Matter of fact it will probably cost you a big buck due to your fidgeting around trying to get comfy. Send me a pm and I'll take it off your hands.

That's nice of you....lol

Back