• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Sit Drag Ordering

Maustypsu

Is it worth getting the extension straps? Are you guys using them for anything?
Or will I just end up with ropeman which I like already?

Only need the seat portion. Wish I could order just that i'd get a couple more :lol:

Don't need it. Go as cheep as possible.

The owner of SitDrag is probably seeing an order spike and wondering what in the hell is going on.

It's a good design my mod for it is going to be to replace the seat material with a sports netting material. More flexible, quitter and will allow you to space the nylon straps easier. It will also be cooler for our hot weather down this way. Now I just got to get a sewing machine :)

DaveT1963 said:
It's a good design my mod for it is going to be to replace the seat material with a sports netting material. More flexible, quitter and will allow you to space the nylon straps easier. It will also be cooler for our hot weather down this way. Now I just got to get a sewing machine :)

I would invest in a commercial sewing machine the first time. I've done a lot of projects on my $80 sewing machine that it probably shouldn't have been able to do, but I think its at the end its life already after 2 years.

redsquirrel said:
DaveT1963 said:

I would invest in a commercial sewing machine the first time. I've done a lot of projects on my $80 sewing machine that it probably shouldn't have been able to do, but I think its at the end its life already after 2 years.

you haven't seen my sewing skills - or should I say lack of sewing skills. This is probably a task I want to find someone more talented then I and pay them. I wouldn't even know what thread or where to stick it--- although a few might have some suggestions for me :)

Don't be afraid of the sewing machine Dave. It's a very daunting task at first, but once you get your feet wet, it's not very difficult. YouTube is your friend.

g2outdoors said:
Don't be afraid of the sewing machine Dave. It's a very daunting task at first, but once you get your feet wet, it's not very difficult. YouTube is your friend.
x2. Once you get it, read the directions ( :eek: ), and fool around with some stuff for practice, it will be a piece of cake. Honestly I don't care how any of my sewing looks, as long as it is functional.

Once you have that mastered Dave, give a serger a whirl(4 spools of thread). :cool:

redsquirrel said:
Fool around with some stuff for practice, it will be a piece of cake. Honestly I don't care how any of my sewing looks, as long as it is functional.

I completely agree. The sewing on my SitDrag looks a bag full of smashed assholes, but it works!

g2outdoors said:
redsquirrel said:
Fool around with some stuff for practice, it will be a piece of cake. Honestly I don't care how any of my sewing looks, as long as it is functional.

I completely agree. The sewing on my SitDrag looks a bag full of smashed assholes, but it works!

BWAHAHA! is it really that bad?!? Lol

Sent from space

Re: RE: Re: Sit Drag Ordering

flinginairos said:
Only need the seat portion. Wish I could order just that i'd get a couple more
I ordered the seat portion and he gave me a complimentary upgrade to the package.

Can't see myself wanting more than one of these thus far. I like having my additional attachment to the belay loop in my current saddle. I don't want to break my pelvis like that saddle hunter in IL.

Re: RE: Re: Sit Drag Ordering

[quote="BassBoysLLP"I don't want to break my pelvis like that saddle hunter in IL.[/quote]

What happened?

I'd need to dig up the report again. It was a couple years ago. I want to say bridge failure. Isolated case indeed but I still try to have a back up outside the bridge. If you look at modes of failure and propagate the probabilities, the area around your bridge is your most likely place of failure. All depends on how much risk you want to take. Unless I couple the sit drag with my rock climbing harness, I'll just need to accept it.

BassBoysLLP said:
I'd need to dig up the report again. It was a couple years ago. I want to say bridge failure. Isolated case indeed but I still try to have a back up outside the bridge. If you look at modes of failure and propagate the probabilities, the area around your bridge is your most likely place of failure. All depends on how much risk you want to take. Unless I couple the sit drag with my rock climbing harness, I'll just need to accept it.

Wow. Here I thought my memory was starting to go. :lol:

IL. 2014. Page 2.

http://www.dnr.illinois.gov/safety/Docu ... ry2014.pdf

There is another report elsewhere. I'll see if I can find it.

BassBoysLLP said:

Interesting. I wonder what he was using for a bridge. The only way I could really see a bridge failing is if he was using a thin runner that had a cut, was just not paying attention to the wear on his bridge, or was just plain doing something stupid.

On a side note, blue water makes 1 inch runners rated at 32 kN. I think they are great for a bridge, heavier duty, thicker, durable but still light. And still cheap.

Back