• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Sit-Drag Weight Limit

SwampHunter70068

ruinous about the Sit-Drag weight limit......I'm 5'11" and 250 pounds.....heard the limit is 400-600 pounds.....what can y'all tell me?

The sit drag I bought last year says 300 lb max limit

I would tell you that @bongo is correct. It is made with webbing rated for several thousand lbs at least. From what I HS e learned they to rate the sit n drag for 500. Probably a liability issue from us saddle hunters using them in the trees.

It has been tested to over 600 lbs without failure. That made the owners confident enough to give it a 300lb rating for ground use.

Sent from my Galaxy S8.

I know alot of guys like to DIY but for me if it says for ground use that's as far as I would go with it. I know guy use rock climbing harnesses with it. For me I don't think I would like wearing rock harness and the sit&drag together. With the opinions of saddles we have like Mantis and Areohunter Kestrel and Kite I myself would only trust a saddle that was manufactured for hunting out of trees. Just my thoughts. I hope everyone stays safe to enjoy a full season doing what we love . Saddlehuntig

Back