• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Sitka vs First lite

Wirrex

Staff member
SH Member
Oct 8, 2016
Wisconsin
I bought over a grand in discounted first lite this season to replace my under armour. It’s tough not being able to have the product in person. I went solely on a good friends review.

The north branch system is noisy. I have only washed it a few times. It may be getting more quiet or I may be getting used to it. Idk. Either way, I hunted out of state for 3 days in a complete downpour and was so happy I went with that outer layer then. I was completely dry and warm. The bibs are so great In a saddle where wind usually rides up your back.

While I was getting rained on I had their tag cuff merino beanie on (the warmest one). That thing stunk so bad when it got wet I could not believe it. I literally thought there was a rutting buck coming in for about an hour! Lmao. It’s great when it’s dry but man that was a turnoff. Wet wool stinks. I didn’t know that.

The base layers in aero wool and corrugate pants are phenomenal.

I will buy more of their gear in the future. I like their patterns.

I have very little experience with Sitka.