• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Sitting.... My hips don't bend like that.

Tknapp

I am a leaner primarily because my hips don't let my legs close far enough for my knees to rest against the tree so I find my self straddling the tree or sitting sideways when I'm ready for a break from leaning. I'm 6'2" and 240 pounds. Does anybody else have this issue and how do you combat it?

I swap back and forth between leaning and sitting, normally sit when I don’t expect anything and lean when I do. A back band definitely helps and I usually straddle the tree as the 1-knee approach is uncomfortable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am a leaner primarily because my hips don't let my legs close far enough for my knees to rest against the tree so I find my self straddling the tree or sitting sideways when I'm ready for a break from leaning. I'm 6'2" and 240 pounds. Does anybody else have this issue and how do you combat it?
We are the same size and I am too a leaner but it’s very uncomfortable to push my knees together. I found a thread on here looking through older threads I’m going to do single web and OCB two squirrel steps and you can just lean your knees against the steps26AF06D3-A65E-49ED-AF72-82D4AAC835AF.jpeg

Some sit side saddle, some use a back strap as a secondary support strap and straddle the tree. Also some saddles squeeze your legs in more than others while in the seated position. I don’t have the issue you are describing but on small diameter trees, it’s not comfortable to sit knees together into the trees so I use a form cushion strapped to the tree and straddle it so there’s distance, a better angle and cushion

If possible, maybe consider hunting a tree with a branch over head. Play with a tether off that branch so your not getting pulled into the tree. It can hinder your shooting some. But might help relieve some pressure. Maybe add another bridge down low. Just for support while sitting. You may find you can get a half sit/lean. When my other bridge gets here I ordered I plan to do that. It will hinder movability around the tree for sure. But if it keeps your comfortable thru a long afternoon.

We are the same size and I am too a leaner but it’s very uncomfortable to push my knees together. I found a thread on here looking through older threads I’m going to do single web and OCB two squirrel steps and you can just lean your knees against the steps

This is such a simple idea I would have never thought of if you hadn't shared. Thanks!

We are the same size and I am too a leaner but it’s very uncomfortable to push my knees together. I found a thread on here looking through older threads I’m going to do single web and OCB two squirrel steps and you can just lean your knees against the stepsView attachment 68717

Still waiting for someone to come up with a funny name or acronym for me... :laughing:

Still waiting for someone to come up with a funny name or acronym for me... :laughing:

Yes. I could not go back and attach the link. I love this. I’m using it since I broke my leg. It will give a chance at sitting without having all
The pressure on my ankle

We are the same size and I am too a leaner but it’s very uncomfortable to push my knees together. I found a thread on here looking through older threads I’m going to do single web and OCB two squirrel steps and you can just lean your knees against the stepsView attachment 68717
One more win for a ROS lol

Yes. I could not go back and attach the link. I love this. I’m using it since I broke my leg. It will give a chance at sitting without having all
The pressure on my ankle

It makes a huge difference for me... Less strain on the knees, hips, legs, lower back, and allows you to air out the boys after a long sweaty walk into your spot. :tearsofjoy:

Nothing worse than coming home with "death diaper rash".

It makes a huge difference for me... Less strain on the knees, hips, legs, lower back, and allows you to air out the boys after a long sweaty walk into your spot. :tearsofjoy:

Nothing worse than coming home with "death diaper rash".
Have you shot a bow from that position

Back