• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Slotted Squirrel Steps

skinl19

Anyone using the slotted Squirrel Steps with a platform? It seems like it would be a quick way to add straps. Or if using steps with a platform, do you just leave them on the strap when setting the platform?

I’ve added 2 bull man pioneer steps on my predator platform strap. I’m just leaving them on the strap and they’re camoform taped to dampen noise and stop slots from cutting into strap. I’ve set them up at about 9:00 and 10:30-11:00 and am able to work all the way around the tree

I’ve added 2 bull man pioneer steps on my predator platform strap. I’m just leaving them on the strap and they’re camoform taped to dampen noise and stop slots from cutting into strap. I’ve set them up at about 9:00 and 10:30-11:00 and am able to work all the way around the tree
Thanks for the reply, I might try something similar and just get the regular steps. Then if I decide to ditch the stand in favor of steps it would be that many fewer to buy.

I usually do a screw in step on each side of tree with platform but on public I can’t do that. 2 pioneer steps only cost me $22 I think.

I use slotted steps on the strap of my solo scout when I use it to one-stick climb. Add them to the strap once I get to hunting height.

Anyone using the slotted Squirrel Steps with a platform? It seems like it would be a quick way to add straps. Or if using steps with a platform, do you just leave them on the strap when setting the platform?
I use 2 or 3 of them when I use a platform so that I can still walk the back side of the tree. They are incredible

I tried that last season and found the fiddle factor (for me) of setting the (squirrel) steps at the same time as cramming the platform was just too much. Plus, i mainly hunt cottonwoods, with those deep bark gaps, so i could just never get the platform tight enough.with steps on the same strap-even with toe hooking the Predator. Trust me, I REALLY wanted it to work. So i went back to using the cam buckle for the squirrels. I use my one-stick platform now, so its really the only option. But I’m sure others prolly have better ways to get it done, so good luck!!

Just played with this setup yesterday at height finally. I use a slanted scout solo and 2 steps. Works perfect. I can shoot any direction very easy. It gives me a stick , platform , and 2 steps for something to stand out. Also it’s a very light and compact setup.

Just played with this setup yesterday at height finally. I use a slanted scout solo and 2 steps. Works perfect. I can shoot any direction very easy. It gives me a stick , platform , and 2 steps for something to stand out. Also it’s a very light and compact setup.
You have pics of the set up? I’d be interested to see how they’re set

You have pics of the set up? I’d be interested to see how they’re set
I don’t but. I run the angled scout solo. I added two steps on the strap. I place one at about 9 and the other 3. I can rotate around the whole tree.

Back