• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Small US Outdoor Gear Companies

Nutterbuster

SH Member
Oct 12, 2017
Where the skys are so blue!
Just wanted to start a thread to raise some awareness of small US companies that may have a hard time breaking through the noise and getting their name out there. I'll start.

Yoders Chaps. They make absolutely amazing snake, briar, and waterproof chaps.

Deer Crossing Archery. Small company that supplies arrows for the Hickory Creek mini

Hickory Creek! Jerry Goff, the owner, is a great guy and a whip-smart south Mississippi redneck.

Swamp Boys Custom Calls. Another Mississippi native who makes game calls. Cool dude to talk to and he makes good calls.

Weldcraft Boats. They weld boats in Arkansas. I bought a 1436 from them and it's built like an Abrams tank.

Doyle's Deer Gear. The makers of the absolutely fabulous huntin' hoist I've used for over a decade.

Cougar Claw Treestands. If you're still a dirty climbing stand user, they make summitesque stands right here in Baldwin County, AL.

Hi n Dry Waders. I bought some last year and they're super comfortable and durable. Natural rubber boots, kevlar reinforced knee pads, and very well-sealed seams.

What else y'all got?

LoadedLimbs

SH Member
Jan 22, 2020
Connecticut
Nutter - great thread to start - here's my list of notable US Outdoor Gear companies:

Eastern Woods Outdoors - Gear for saddle hunters

Overwatch Outdoors - Top quality saddles

Waldrop Pac-seat - American made ground hunting chair that you wear in as a backpack

Gear Grappler - Pull up rope with grappling hook

Kathy Kelly Design - Fleece backpacks

Day One Camo backpacks - Fleece & cowboy suede packs

KwikeeKwiver - Maker of great hunting quivers

Hill People Gear - American made packs with American sourced components

Stealth Outdoors - Maker of Stealth Strips

G5 Outdoors - USA made broadheads

Wiggy's - Maker of sleeping bags and outdoor clothing

Black Ash Outdoor Products - Maker of the Treestand Wingman, a tree stand emergency descender system

Treehopper - Maker of saddles and platforms

Hunting Beast Gear - Maker of climbing sticks (now made in USA)

Marsupial Gear - Maker of full coverage binocular chest packs that give instant access

Spec-Ops Brand - Maker of day packs and tactical gear

TenPoint - Maker of top tier crossbow hunting systems

RMJ Tactical - The finest tomahawks ever made

Out On A Limb - Saddle hunting platforms and climbing sticks

Leatherman - Multitools, knives, etc.

Vedder holsters - Maker of top quality Kydex holsters & accessories

Zinger Fletches - Maker of 3D printed arrow fletchings

Last edited:

Weldabeast

SH Member
May 23, 2019
Northeast Florida
Engel coolers are made in florida....original rotomold cooler manufacturer

Flcamo and bullgator southern camo.....florida camo companies for all u southern hunters

Gator pro outdoors ... gator hunting and frog/flounder gigs made in florida

Obsession bows... made in georgia

Bwhana

SH Member
Dec 8, 2017
Hickory, NC
TX-5 Custom Gear
Boss Ammo
APEX ammo
Rogue ammo
Foxtrot ammo
Sumtoy Customs gunsmith

I just now saw a show on the Outdoor Channel where Greg Ritz was interviewing Larry Potterfield from MidwayUSA and then mentioned his show sponsor Realtree. My thought related to this thread is have the bigger companies like Realtree actually helped or hurt hunting in net effect. I can see arguments for both sides, but either way, they started out as small, US based companies, and we all may be better off as hunters if they stay that way. Just food for thought and not derailing, there is no right answer, only the one that matters to you.

Reactions: Nutterbuster

Nutterbuster

SH Member
Oct 12, 2017
Where the skys are so blue!
TX-5 Custom Gear
Boss Ammo
APEX ammo
Rogue ammo
Foxtrot ammo
Sumtoy Customs gunsmith

I just now saw a show on the Outdoor Channel where Greg Ritz was interviewing Larry Potterfield from MidwayUSA and then mentioned his show sponsor Realtree. My thought related to this thread is have the bigger companies like Realtree actually helped or hurt hunting in net effect. I can see arguments for both sides, but either way, they started out as small, US based companies, and we all may be better off as hunters if they stay that way. Just food for thought and not derailing, there is no right answer, only the one that matters to you.
Realtree is a pretty cool story. Most big companies start as small, plucky, likeable underdogs. The life cycle of a company is a funny thing though. I generally don't like large conglomerates nearly as much in principle, but they supply a need.

I think the best thing to do is always be looking for a better way and be willing to pay for exactly what you want. That way the next plucky new guy has something to aim for and something to eat.

Reactions: BTaylor

TreeCreep

SH Member
Sep 13, 2020
I really enjoy the amount of mom and pops and quality US Mfgs promoted on this site. I try to support upstarts, it’s cool and unique compared to how I traditionally would get gear. This from a guy who started in a hawk saddle

Weldabeast

SH Member
May 23, 2019
Northeast Florida
Not really small anymore but if u want an insulated cup tervis is made in florida.. screw yeti.
The old owner (not alive anymore) was a outdoor enthusiast and had a rifle and raft manufacturing company also...they been around since the 40s and a bunch of the early 1s are fishing and outdoors themed.....
Between engel coolers and tervis cups florida got u covered...suck it yeti
Screenshot_20210324-184811_(1).png