• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Smoked him!

I commented on that post. I’m thinking he’s a new hunter. He says he hit high and lost blood and did not jump the deer while tracking. He either hit high lung just under spine or backstrap over spine. All he said was pass though and he didn’t offer up much details on blood, gut smell, shot angle, etc... I hope he takes mine and a few other guys on that threads advice and gets a tracking dog lined up. He said he had to go to work. If it was a fatal shot that was high lung or one lung the deer may need 12 hours. If it’s a “Monster” it’s well worth it and I feel as hunters we owe the deer our best effort.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I usually smoke him till about 195°
24907f45e1f3ad0a829c49b192f274cc.jpg

Sent from my G3123 using Tapatalk

Mine would be season opened on Saturday and I’ve been putting on a freaking clinic. Just not the kind I want. As in I have Spooked five deer in two hunts.

Back