• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

SOG Opord pack is the best

Markeje

Change my mind!

For a stick guy, I don't think there is better. Being able to carry sticks horizontally below the pack and the Predator platform in Kangaroo flap..I can go up once without removing my pack.
Walk up to tree.
Detach sticks.
Hang stick 1 on tree.
Hang sticks 2 & 3 on J hooks on saddle.
Climb.
Reach behind head and pull out Predator and set.

And $35.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
No reason to try to change your mind. If it works great for you, perfect. It is not the perfect pack for me because I do not want to have to pack a whole deer out with the straps and waist belt on that pack. Looks like a very functional pack though and price is nice.

Im guessing you meant carrying the stick horizontally below the pack?

I picked one up a few weeks back and have been happy for the price. I could do without the large velcro patch on the exterior. It holds my ridge runner platform well. It is a bit bigger than I expected, but that's not necessarily a bad thing as I throw my jacket in the pack on my way in and out of the woods as opposed to strapping it to the outside. My chest buckle did break already as I was reefing it down. The straps are good length, many of which I plan on trimming down as I don't like a lot of extra strapping hanging down. I'm sure there are better built, but for the price and what I do so far it works fine. I may pick up a smaller pack for early seasons, and if I decide to hunt more with a ring of steps.

-DanPXL_20201228_151127635~2.jpg

Ha yes horizontally. I'm just poking fun.
I know its not for everyone. We all have our preference for how we go packing. It fits my process of setting up perfectly.
I'm not sure how well it will hold up over time either. We'll see at the end of 2021. Some of these lower end packs do not have strong buckles I've noticed. I hope that isnt the case with this. I could always upgrade those if need be. Zippers aren't super quiet but manageable. Stitching will also need to put to the test.

Ha yes horizontally. I'm just poking fun.
I know its not for everyone. We all have our preference for how we go packing. It fits my process of setting up perfectly.
I'm not sure how well it will hold up over time either. We'll see at the end of 2021. Some of these lower end packs do not have strong buckles I've noticed. I hope that isnt the case with this. I could always upgrade those if need be. Zippers aren't super quiet but manageable. Stitching will also need to put to the test.

How is the Sog OpOrd holding up for you? Thinking about getting one because Amazon selling for $25.

Is it loud walking in?

Back