• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Something I found interesting

huntin_addict

Something I found interesting, or maybe disappointing, is that there was zero information posted here from any official Tethrd representative about any of their new products unveiled at ATA.

Too bad, because whether they love it or hate it, Saddlehunter.com is the platform that got them started.

What got them started was the time and money invested into starting their company. They were the first ones to take that chance and lead the way to what we all benefit from now.

Something I found interesting, or maybe disappointing, is that there was zero information posted here from any official Tethrd representative about any of their new products unveiled at ATA.

Too bad, because whether they love it or hate it, Saddlehunter.com is the platform that got them started.
They would have to post it in the vendor section. Then someone will be upset over something and say something and before you know it the threads locked. That's why you don't really see it.

So cle
What got them started was the time and money invested into starting their company. They were the first ones to take that chance and lead the way to what we all benefit from now.
So clearly you don't remember the I have a secret thread. They really got started here. Thanks for your input though.

I wasn't bashing them, I was just stating my observation in regards to them virtually ignoring this platform at this point.

Thread locking in 3...2...1...

What is the record for # of Tethrd-related threads that have been locked in a single day? SH.com needs a stats & information department.

So clearly you don't remember the I have a secret thread. They really got started here. Thanks for your input though.

I wasn't bashing them, I was just stating my observation in regards to them virtually ignoring this platform at this point.

They are on from time to time.

Probably they've been busy with ATA and we could have an opportunity to get some discussion going in the vendor section now that it's finished up.

Particularly with the announcement of the CF platform. In this case, they have an award winning design. In many ways it looks better than a similar concept from Timber Ninja, it'd be interesting and useful to hear what sets theirs apart.

In general, it would be great to know more about the build. CF platforms, while done before, are going to be new to most of us. I think it would be beneficial to the community to come up to speed on the ins-and-outs of that material and construction.

To your point, maybe Youtube is a better platform for them now?

"If you don't know about saddle hunting you can check out..."

Hmm....ok. To be honest, that does sound like intentional avoidance. No lies, Greg's YouTube channel was what pointed me to this site. Used to be one of the first thing that they say in their videos. "Check out saddlehunter.com"

Ever feel like its one of those stories of members of your (input hobby here) club in school that that took all the brain storming ideas that the collective talk about all the time and when out and made a business from it? Granted I think a good part of the collective where the OG Tethrd guys. And I am no way part of the OG group btw, just observation here.

But you know what, its good marketing strategy and didn't Greg used to work for a social media company? Cant fault them on taking risk and hitting while the iron was hot. They honestly don't need this platform anymore so why advertise for other companies?

I was just stating my observation in regards to them virtually ignoring this platform at this point.

You may have missed a few threads after the "secret thread". Not that it matters, but if I were them, I wouldn't use this platform as you suggest either. They seized an opportunity that everyone that was a part of that era had. I am proud of their efforts and wish there wasn't so much hate towards them. I reminisce on the good old DIY days. I can remember when we were all searching for viable platform options. The best thing going imo was the "klemz" style and Ernie was a guru with them. Greg did a great job of making the sitdrag relevent. Those truly were the good days.

You may have missed a few threads after the "secret thread". Not that it matters, but if I were them, I wouldn't use this platform as you suggest either. They seized an opportunity that everyone that was a part of that era had. I am proud of their efforts and wish there wasn't so much hate towards them. I reminisce on the good old DIY days. I can remember when we were all searching for viable platform options. The best thing going imo was the "klemz" style and Ernie was a guru with them. Greg did a great job of making the sitdrag relevent. Those truly were the good days.
No, I've seen them, however, it's still a bummer. Oh well, one constant in life is change....

Back