• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Son’s 1st deer

First off, congrats, Ethan!

Second, how is he old enough to kill his first deer?! Seems like just yesterday we were dragging that boy around the real things shoot. CRAZY!!

What caliber gun you got him shooting?

First off, congrats! Nothing like getting a kid on their first deer. Second, glad to see someone else using a 6.8!
Same gun I started my oldest on at 5 years old. This was my youngest son's 1st deer in the video. He is 10. He wasn't as ate up about hunting as my oldest. I just let them develop at their own pace. Funny how 2 brothers are so different. And my middle son has zero desire to hunt.

My uncle was the one who taught me to hunt. Out of his 5 sons, only one hunted and that only lasted 3 years. I was the only one related to him who actually stuck with it. What ammo you running in your 6.8

My uncle was the one who taught me to hunt. Out of his 5 sons, only one hunted and that only lasted 3 years. I was the only one related to him who actually stuck with it. What ammo you running in your 6.8
I've always used SSA Accubonds but that was the 1st deer I've used the Hornady SSTs.

Congrats! Few memories beat a first deer or a first buck. Cool you got it all on camera. Takes me back to my first deer!

I think I was happier when my twins killed their first deer than I was anytime I have ever done anything!! It is a awesome memory for y'all! Congrats to the little man!!

I've always used SSA Accubonds but that was the 1st deer I've used the Hornady SSTs.
The SSTs are all I use. Have killed 72 hogs and 2 deer with those bullets and have yet to lose an animal. The farthest I’ve had one run was 100 yards, only time I didn’t have an animal bleed was on my buck last year at 220 yards. Bullet had lost a decent amount of energy by then

Back