• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Spending time with my girl!

denots

My uncle gave me a recurve bow that I was hoping Madelynn could shoot. @ckossuth made me a string for it, but the draw weight was a bit much for her. So wouldn't you know it, she talked me into buying her a new bow and I'm learning on the other. I don't think she is ever going to be a hunter, but a dad can dream. I'm just thankful she wants to shoot with me in the yard.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

And here are a few pics that didn't load with the original message.
044fb86aa80f87e5a9c9552e1da2b905.jpg
c9697dffd74559f0b7e856466049f42a.jpg
4b0f4ab731088b0c9a2f6c830a85f3dd.jpg

My uncle gave me a recurve bow that I was hoping Madelynn could shoot. @ckossuth made me a string for it, but the draw weight was a bit much for her. So wouldn't you know it, she talked me into buying her a new bow and I'm learning on the other. I don't think she is ever going to be a hunter, but a dad can dream. I'm just thankful she wants to shoot with me in the yard.

Madelynn is the bomb. Tell her I said hi. Where’s Henry?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Keep it fun and interesting and she will want to keep doing it. I have had my daughter fishing and hunting with me since she was 4yrs old. She loves her girly stuff with her mom, but still loves getting outdoors with her dad. Enjoy them while they are young they grow up so fast, she is 15 today!
8b4fcfa9a2ca0cfdb9262b7f98c76da5.jpg
2e7ca02e62d5847b676635f16c7c59ba.jpg
eeae684aa84a3c0780a3c706b37c752f.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I’m hoping my 6yr old will make me buy her a bow one day

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was out turkey hunting with my 23 year old daughter. We heard some gobbles but no luck I hoping for her to get one tonight

Madelynn is the bomb. Tell her I said hi. Where’s Henry?

Will do Bongo. Henry was probably laid up in the shade somewhere or he was wrestling with Sugar out in the yard. That dog loves that little girl so much if he thinks I'm being mean to her he tries to attack me. They're almost inseparable.

I was out turkey hunting with my 23 year old daughter. We heard some gobbles but no luck I hoping for her to get one tonight

I wish y'all the best of luck. Madelynn and I took a walk in the woods this turkey season to try to locate a bird and we sat down next to a tree in an area I know turkeys like to hang out and she was chomping at the bit to go find a snake or a frog or something. She just doesn't like to sit still and definitely doesn't like to hurt anything. I try to keep her interested in the outdoors as much as possible and she enjoys going on Hikes and stuff like that but she's just not a hunter. I just try to reintroduce her every so often without pushing her so hard that she gets irritated. I hope your daughter gets her bird, best of luck to y'all!

I like to keep it simple you know Mr. Warren. I figured it was better than sticking them in the dirt

I do "simple" too. Have a couple of buckets full of arrows, myself.

When my daughter was little she would help me gut my deer and fish. She never did hunt but she did fish a few times. Now she is 24 and tommrow we are going fishing together for the first time in years. I can't wait. Hold on to those memories, they grow up so fast. Great pics

When my daughter was little she would help me gut my deer and fish. She never did hunt but she did fish a few times. Now she is 24 and tommrow we are going fishing together for the first time in years. I can't wait. Hold on to those memories, they grow up so fast. Great pics
Hope y'all slaughter them. If you look carefully you can see my dock on my pond in the back ground. It was a proud day for me when I came home from work and she had her little Barbie fishing pole out on the dock catching fish and unhooking them by herself. Now when I ask her to fish with me she typically is too impatient and finds something else to do. The funny thing is the ponds been stocked for 3 years now and we've already pulled out a four and a half pound bass. She don't realize it yet but she's missing some great fishing. Good luck tomorrow!

Just got a call from my 14yr old this morning (who is at our cabin with mom, his two brothers and my in-laws hunting turkey) and he was sent to bring a Walkie talkie to his older brother who had forgotten it. On route he stepped on what he thought was a stick, heard rattles and was struck in his boot. Thank God we have had a lot of rain and he was wearing his knee highs.

We hear it all the time in this forum, Safety is a must, and I thought I had done a better job of explaining to my boys the difference between a stick and a snake (especially one with rattles).

Kids are precious, they belong in the woods with us and they also deserve to go home safe. Snakes, ticks and treestands can all pose threats, so strap them in a saddle and teach them right!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks we will
Just got a call from my 14yr old this morning (who is at our cabin with mom, his two brothers and my in-laws hunting turkey) and he was sent to bring a Walkie talkie to his older brother who had forgotten it. On route he stepped on what he thought was a stick, heard rattles and was struck in his boot. Thank God we have had a lot of rain and he was wearing his knee highs.

We hear it all the time in this forum, Safety is a must, and I thought I had done a better job of explaining to my boys the difference between a stick and a snake (especially one with rattles).

Kids are precious, they belong in the woods with us and they also deserve to go home safe. Snakes, ticks and treestands can all pose threats, so strap them in a saddle and teach them right!

Thank God he's alright. I live in Pittsburgh Pa and we don't have any poisonous snakes in our County but Just south of us in Westmoreland County where I'm working there are copperheads and just north of us there are rattlesnakes.

She was a natural at SaddlePalooza Tim. Never know! Have fun man. Good stuff. Best memories for sure. Heck my seasons are all about kids now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

a19a305ff8ff637b50f3a36e2c943f68.jpg

My hunting buddy - daughter did not get a turkey tonight. She has not got one yet and the season is almost over
She has never got one - had a gobbler close this morning

This was my first turkey hunting season and I did not get a turkey either so tell her I'm pulling for her!

Back