• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Sport climbers

Razorbak66

Hi there..been researching climbing methods..has anyone ever use sport climbers? I forgot that i had a set so i dug it out and tried it out and apparently im doing something wrong..dont care for the way it attatches to the leg and foot..sure i can modify it with buckles..but how stable are they? I have a fused ankle and had my knee replaced so maybe thats a issue as i cant seem to climb in them..anyone else has any issues or perfer climbing spurs to it?

Hi there..been researching climbing methods..has anyone ever use sport climbers? I forgot that i had a set so i dug it out and tried it out and apparently im doing something wrong..dont care for the way it attatches to the leg and foot..sure i can modify it with buckles..but how stable are they? I have a fused ankle and had my knee replaced so maybe thats a issue as i cant seem to climb in them..anyone else has any issues or perfer climbing spurs to it?
I don't know anything about them, but they seem cool. Wanna sell or trade em?

I have never used them personally but, of the people that I know that tried them I don't know anyone that has liked them. Most seem to have similar experiences to yours.

If you have bad knees and ankles you probably won't have any luck because there isn't any tall support on them like regular Spurs.

Piece of junk!
I bought a pair years ago, tried them once and sold on craigslist next day. They support in the ankle only and that wasn't enough for me to feel safe. They definitely need more support up the calf to be safe for climbing IMO.

Back