• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Squirrel steps

Jsnake4444

Apr 5, 2018
Been away for awhile due to family and hunting but just saw the squirrel steps that can be used for ros. How do they compare to the other ros options. I am really interested in these due to how packable they are.

Jsnake4444

Apr 5, 2018
Also, how many steps do you prefer for a ros. I usually hunt trees on the larger side if that matters

Nutterbuster

SH Member
Oct 12, 2017
Where the skys are so blue!
Yep. To my knowledge there's only 3 folks that have used them so far. I'm one of the lucky ducks. Standing on them now.

I just found my first 3 scrapes of the year today, and they were still damp and dank, so I'm a bit tied up. But I plan to do a video soonish with my thoughts on them compared to wild edge steps, ameristeps, and the gen1 predator.

I did a pretty long-winded write-up on the prototypes I was generously given on the "Calling All Ameristep Users" thread. Short story is they were designed to be the optimum ROS system, and I think @DanO nailed it. I dig'em.

I use 5 of them on a 7ft strap. I think they are better than ameristeps, which I've owned.

DanO

Vendor Rep
Jun 14, 2018
Michigan
doublesteps.com
I just ordered some. Said backorder. What we looking like on delivery times.

Typically backorders are produced the next day and sent out so it doesn't take long. Working with a machinist who is a good friend of mine. I say typically because there has been a death in his family, on Christmas no less. I'll be talking with him in a few minutes so I'll get more information on timing.

Reactions: swampsnyper

weekender21

SH Member
Aug 19, 2018
Hawaii and North Carolina
Just placed an order for 2, can't wait! I really love my predator platform but for hunting pigs over corn in Hawaii (only need to shoot one direction) 2 steps seems like it will be worth the weight savings.

Reactions: DanO

swampsnyper

Mar 10, 2015
Warrior, Al
Typically backorders are produced the next day and sent out so it doesn't take long. Working with a machinist who is a good friend of mine. I say typically because there has been a death in his family, on Christmas no less. I'll be talking with him in a few minutes so I'll get more information on timing.

How can I check to see if they were delivered?
Nevermind, figured it out

Last edited:

Bro A Mo

Dec 24, 2018
I’ve got 4 and the strap. Honestly, I only practiced with them for about 15-20 minutes . I really like them. They roll up tightly and fit in side pouch.

Reactions: Nutterbuster

cnichols15

Dec 16, 2018
I hope this doesn’t cause any trouble, but how do the squirrel steps compare to Bullman steps? Im new to saddle hunting and ready to purchase some steps to make an ROS. I want to get the right stuff, so i don’t mind paying more if it’s worth it. Thanks!

redsquirrel

Administrator
Staff member
SH Member
Feb 19, 2014
NJ
WEBSITE
saddlehunter.com
I hope this doesn’t cause any trouble, but how do the squirrel steps compare to Bullman steps? Im new to saddle hunting and ready to purchase some steps to make an ROS. I want to get the right stuff, so i don’t mind paying more if it’s worth it. Thanks!
The squirrel steps are much better for a ROS IMO.

Reactions: Jefferson10940