• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

String deflection when cocked

MattMan81

SH Member
So on my carbon express I picked up a while ago, can't help but notice when cocked the string has a decent amount of deflection to the rail. I don't recall my Parker doing that. Is it okay? Do the yoke straps need an adjustment? It is similar to the KI I picked up as well. Both have a little down pressure.
Is it correct? Tagging @Nutterbuster as he has worked on them I think? Screenshot_20230802-214508~2.pngScreenshot_20230802-214538-334.png

It's difficult to diagnose problems from a couple of pics. It is a common design for a Xbow string to ride the rail. They make a rail lube to help reduce the friction. The center serving can wear out rather quickly as well. When I build Xbow strings, I use Angel Majesty .036 serving for the center serving as it last a lot longer.

As for your Xbow, if the arrow is still hitting the bullseye, then I wouldn't worry about it. If you start noticing that your arrow is migrating away from the bullseye and you have to keep adjusting the scope, you might have limb problems.

Also, if you lube the rail, you may have to adjust the scope a little as it can throw the arrow off a little. It is best to keep the rail lubed a little as to avoid having POI issues.

Thanks guys. It shoots consistent. I run the rail snot and string wax on them.
Just wanted to make sure that's how it's supposed to be.

Back