• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Super Deluxe Platform

elk yinzer

SH Member
Just messing around in the backyard on a rainy day.

Thought I would put together a quick video of my current favorite platform.

Getting more and more comfortable on my smaller Klemz but I still love this option for a lot of places I hunt. Really is the best of both worlds.

Nice! I don't care if I'm 100yards or 1 1/2 miles, this and/or the assassin. I'm good.

Great vid. I don’t know why I never thought of sitting sideways against the tree as an option. What’s wrong with me lol?

Thanks guys.

Cool idea! Stuck the landing.

Yeah that was meant to be out of frame but I missed haha. I am not very polished, but I do these largely to work on my public speaking. I do it a lot for my job and its something I always want to improve.

I also did 6 legit climbing setups in some of the most challeneging trees in my yard with heavy clothes and found 3 sources of potential noise. One fixed with hockey tape and two with technique/awareness. Can't wait to get in the stand. Three more weeks until our season opens, although I can't hunt the opener or the second Saturday.

Great vid. I don’t know why I never thought of sitting sideways against the tree as an option. What’s wrong with me lol?

Yeah, in a few trees I can do that traditional sitter pose, but most I just can't swing it comfortably. The side sit is not for hours at a time, but it is good enough to rest my legs.

Knee pads aren’t nessesary. Strap a piece of EVA foam to your stands post so you can rest your knees on the tree. One more very comfortable position is a life saver on those long hunts.

Great video. Yup, this is pretty much how I've hunted with the seat folded up on my windwalker in a rc harness for the last 5 years. Just fold the seat down when I needed to add/remove a layer.

I was trying to figure out the best platform option when i looked at this post. I think it's a great idea. It does seem like a lot to carry out with you if you are looking to run and gun. I know they have smaller platforms that are specific for saddle hunting but I can't afford all that this year. I just invested in everything else. I have a set of wild edge steps but I feel like I'm going to need all of them just to get to the height I need. I was looking at the silent approach steps as an option too. I like your idea.

And that's the beauty of SH. Different strokes for different folks. There's no wrong way to saddle!

I like it. I prefer lightweight and low bulk over pretty much anything else, but that idea is definitely a workable plan. That's how @WHW Warren Womack has done it too. I'll sit side saddle occasionally too when it makes sense.

Good video. Thanks for posting.

Sent from my Galaxy S8.

And that's the beauty of SH. Different strokes for different folks. There's no wrong way to saddle!

I like it. I prefer lightweight and low bulk over pretty much anything else, but that idea is definitely a workable plan. That's how @WHW Warren Womack has done it too. I'll sit side saddle occasionally too when it makes sense.

Good video. Thanks for posting.

Sent from my Galaxy S8.

Great video demonstration. Yes, I agree it is the best of both worlds. I use my 6.5 pound Lock-On Limit stand, and just raise the seat up. Shooting is just like it was when I used a rock climbing harness, but with extra benefits and a lot safer. I do love my new Predator platform and will probably just use my lock-on stand when I'm climbing with spurs.

this might be a good option as well if you removed the seat you are probably at 6.5lbs a little smaller than the xop though.

Attachments

• ghost600.jpg
    ghost600.jpg
    120.5 KB · Views: 64
this might be a good option as well if you removed the seat you are probably at 6.5lbs a little smaller than the xop though.

I nearly bought the lil Chippewa many times but in the end my search for a Windwalker paid off.

Been playing with this dude for a couple days now, and it really is the sweet spot between my Klemz and XOP.
Capture.JPG

Size comparison Small (Klemz) - Deluxe (Windwalker) - Super Deluxe (Air Raid)
Capture2.JPG

Back