• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

T hooks on Wild Edge Bag

River Hunter

I saw something similar using buckles, but the T hooks work pretty slick when hooked onto the load straps of my backpack.
Easy on, easy off.
45b2e69901db10e3d49ed2dde20c26c7.jpg
6b48890a0243bbfcf5a5f05904ca6ae1.jpg
4641ea3de3185e8f2f7fda6c2d133e6b.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

I like that that is a good idea I plan on sewing a carrying handle on the side of the bag to carry the bag horizontally from the handle it seems like I always have enough weight in my backpack and when I add that to it it’s just too much I prefer to carry them in but that is definitely a good idea

Am I missing something obvious? How did you get the hooks onto the straps?
Unthread the strap from the adjuster (not sure what it's called), thread on two t hooks and thread the loose ends to back through the adjuster. 30 second hack.

I like that that is a good idea I plan on sewing a carrying handle on the side of the bag to carry the bag horizontally from the handle it seems like I always have enough weight in my backpack and when I add that to it it’s just too much I prefer to carry them in but that is definitely a good idea
Agreed.

I also don't like having to fish them out of my backpack at the tree (which has included putting my backpack down... not a good idea to put scent down).

I would love to be able to carry them in such a way that I can keep my backpack on and just start climbing when I get to the tree (Don't want to use existing shoulder strap as it doesn't handle the load well for long walks).

I'm imagining a way to carry them on my chest like a reverse backpack (zipper out). That way I can just set my bow down, unzip and start tying right away. Unfortunately I'm not super handy with fabric welding or related DIY methods.

Anyone done anything like this or have the skills to work this out? Would like to attach it to my backpack shoulder straps if possible, rather than have extra straps to deal with.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Agreed.

I also don't like having to fish them out of my backpack at the tree (which has included putting my backpack down... not a good idea to put scent down).

I would love to be able to carry them in such a way that I can keep my backpack on and just start climbing when I get to the tree (Don't want to use existing shoulder strap as it doesn't handle the load well for long walks).

I'm imagining a way to carry them on my chest like a reverse backpack (zipper out). That way I can just set my bow down, unzip and start tying right away. Unfortunately I'm not super handy with fabric welding or related DIY methods.

Anyone done anything like this or have the skills to work this out? Would like to attach it to my backpack shoulder straps if possible, rather than have extra straps to deal with.

Like a bino harness for steps?

That's exactly what I'm thinking! Great analogy!

I actually have an old bino harness that I rarely use that I'll try when I get home.

Like I mentioned I'd rather not have extra shoulder straps and just tie into my backpack somehow. I think using the t hooks might work but I need to confirm how my backpack is setup tonight. Also would require some way to keep the WE bag from bouncing around on my chest.

Last edited:

Using cheap F&S bino harness that I had laying around.

Rides lower than I was envisioning but it is comfortable. I don't think I want it any higher. Doesn't flop around as much as I expected even without bottom of bag secured.

Definitely puts them right where I need to start climbing. Love the idea of keeping backpack on at base of tree. Won't know how viable this is until I hike a while with them and see what happens.
a76824ad8f2254964d477d19b4218258.jpg
ef1614ab9453e1b7480efffb8e44170e.jpg

Rides lower than I was envisioning but it is comfortable. I don't think I want it any higher. Doesn't flop around as much as I expected even without bottom of bag secured.

Definitely puts them right where I need to start climbing. Love the idea of keeping backpack on at base of tree. Won't know how viable this is until I hike a while with them and see what happens.

I like it! I think I can do something similar using the D rings on my shoulder straps.

D rings will work well. I have a set on my small pack that I might use, though I usually take my larger pack... but maybe without the step bag in there I won't need as much space.

Currently I have a webbing g-hook on one side and the bino harness clip on the other. The G-hook came from Amazon as a test saddle leg strap mod that I ended up not liking. Only bought one as a test.

I have four steps in the bag (3 WEs and a Primal) so it is a reasonable weight bulk on my front that should balance out with my pack on my back. Again, the true test will be how annoyed I get on a long hike with this baby carrier setup.

That's exactly what I'm thinking! Great analogy!

I actually have an old bino harness that I rarely use that I'll try when I get home.

Like I mentioned I'd rather not have extra shoulder straps and just tie into my backpack somehow. I think using the t hooks might work but I need to confirm how my backpack is setup tonight. Also would require some way up keep the WE bag from bouncing around on my chest.

It’s called a beer gut. Standard issue after 40.

Great idea!

Turns out I have webbing on my shoulder straps I can hook into.
This is a bag with 6 steps.

This is going to be way better setting up...I think. Won't know until I try!
b0bd8f40f295fc89739dbf973a4b8320.jpg
85b3c05b50b66b68d1df8016a6541ca0.jpg
06d854db20c6bbb9c7240fb6ed2fb8c3.jpg

D rings will work well. I have a set on my small pack that I might use, though I usually take my larger pack... but maybe without the step bag in there I won't need as much space.

Currently I have a webbing g-hook on one side and the bino harness clip on the other. The G-hook came from Amazon as a test saddle leg strap mod that I ended up not liking. Only bought one as a test.

I have four steps in the bag (3 WEs and a Primal) so it is a reasonable weight bulk on my front that should balance out with my pack on my back. Again, the true test will be how annoyed I get on a long hike with this baby carrier setup.

I was thinking of using it for leg straps also. Why didn’t you like it ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sweet. If you set up your t-hooks so that the bag sits zipper out it might make it easier to get the steps in and out when climbing. Just a thought. I'll have to experiment on an actual climb to see for sure.

Back