• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Talk me out of it..

If you can afford it, and you want it... Buy it!

Sent from my LM-Q610(FGN) using Tapatalk

I was looking for any negatives. I know each has their own "ups and down" but I was hoping to get into this side of hunting with as little "trial and error" as possible.I like it over others I know about but was just wanting back up I guess. Thanks!

Don't do it!

If anyone ask, tell them. That you told me to tell you that.

You’ll hate it! But go ahead and buy it and find out for yourself then sell it to me for half price. Love mine. Super solid and have not had any slips no matter what size or type of tree I’ve used it on. Haven’t seen any threads started with any one really hating the rr. Most complaints are weight (4.5 I think) and smallish posts for the cam strap (zip tied one on to fix that). Other than that not a weak spot on that platform and a great company to deal with.

Last edited:
It's easy to setup, solid on the tree, quiet, and easy to take down after the hunt. I wasn't looking for another platform but picked one up for a good price. I could not be happier with it.

The only thing I had to adjust was how I pack it. It won't go inside my pack like my cut-down xop. Now I strap it to the outside of my pack and it works perfectly.

When I traded my Predator for one, I had major reservations and doubts that I was doing the right thing. Once I got it and tried it, never looked back and have been very happy with the RR. If you are truly looking for a reason not to get one, it and all other platforms are heavier than a ROS, so that is what you should buy.

It’s great. Converted me to platform from ROS. I wish it was about a pound lighter, but I still love it.

I don't have one but I really like the looks of the Ridge Runner. I watched some videos on it and I would buy one. I already have a Predator platform but I think I will eventually buy a Ridge Runner.

I think the ridge runner has the edge on the predator. Yes the predator is smaller and folds flat which is nice but the ridge runner is very grippy and doesn't squeak when wet from wet boots. My predator would squeak bad when wet. The post on the ridge runner also grabs the tree hard no matter the bark. Once you cam that thing over one time it's not going anywhere

Enjoy your new platform.
I sure wish a close-by buddy had both the Ridge Runner and Predator. Then I could side by side try both.

I just took my brand new Podium for its maiden hunt, and I was completely blown away by the quality. Went with the Podium because I was looking for a bigger size than Predator or RR. Very impressed with OOL.

It’s a nice platform, so I‘m not gonna talk you out of it. If you are looking for a platform, this is well built and rock solid. Matt is very responsive. Just got it, and haven’t hunted it yet, but it has passed test mounts...

DCA23B4A-918A-4BB5-83DE-170269CFE63D.jpeg

I ordered one on Black Friday. Sure I could have waited for ATA and saw what else is coming out. But it'll all probably be backordered like everything was earlier this year. Also saved some money.

Back