• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Team 11 Thread

Checking in from Alabama. Good looking roster we have here. I see some familiar names and a couple new ones. Oct 1st is our bow opener and our season runs until February 10th. We’re expecting our first youngin in March and I’m in the middle of remodeling our house so it’s going to be a weird hunting season. I’ll mostly hunt with a traditional bow but may pull out the compound late season depending on how I’m feeling. I’m hoping to be good for at least 10 points. What about y’all?

Last edited:
Central Minnesota here. Just opened up today and season runs to the end of the year. Have 2 young ones at home and also trail bird dogs along with bird hunt a fair bit but get out with the sliver slinger as much as I can. Usually good for a couple does, and have a few decent bucks running around that I try and hold out for. Hopefully can contribute as much as I can.

East Ky checking in, season opened here Sept 2nd. I should be able to contribute a doe and hopefully a nice buck, I’m really picky on bucks at least until the last week of season, I sometimes then will drop my standards a little, lol! Good luck to everyone, I really enjoy this contest and look forward to chatting with everyone, God Bless!

Sorry guys, it looks like you're all saddled with me this year. I hunt mostly SE Wisconsin with a trip to NW Wisconsin every year for rifle season. I normally shoot 2-3 deer in a year, but seem to be in a slump lately--last year I shot nothing. Our bow season opened today, I had to work. Good hunting to everyone on the team.

Georgia bow season opened last weekend and I was pumped but I had to work all weekend and this weekend is full of family activities. My wife and I are finally empty nesters and hope to do a fair amount of hunting. I am strictly a compound bow hunter even though I am getting into traditional just not ready for the complete transition yet. My son and I usually take 10- 12 deer per year, as that is our red meat source.
This is my first time on a team and not even sure how the point system works.
Hopefully we all have a safe and successful season!!!

Georgia bow season opened last weekend and I was pumped but I had to work all weekend and this weekend is full of family activities. My wife and I are finally empty nesters and hope to do a fair amount of hunting. I am strictly a compound bow hunter even though I am getting into traditional just not ready for the complete transition yet. My son and I usually take 10- 12 deer per year, as that is our red meat source.
This is my first time on a team and not even sure how the point system works.
Hopefully we all have a safe and successful season!!!
You can submit 2 deer total. Only one can count as a buck. 5 points per deer. 1 additional point per antler. You can kill two bucks but only one counts as the buck, the other is just 5 points. If you kill a better buck you can upgrade. If you enter two does for your two deer it’s 10 points. Make sure to take a picture with your saddle and the deer and submit it to the submission thread and tell them Team 11 sent you so we will get the points. It’s good time, I always enjoy the camaraderie. It’s sort of like an internet hunting camp with everyone sharing their stories and kills.

You can submit 2 deer total. Only one can count as a buck. 5 points per deer. 1 additional point per antler. You can kill two bucks but only one counts as the buck, the other is just 5 points. If you kill a better buck you can upgrade. If you enter two does for your two deer it’s 10 points. Make sure to take a picture with your saddle and the deer and submit it to the submission thread and tell them Team 11 sent you so we will get the points. It’s good time, I always enjoy the camaraderie. It’s sort of like an internet hunting camp with everyone sharing their stories and kills.
I appreciate the information. I should be good for the two doe's but not sure about the buck. I am very selective on the bucks as far as trying to take a mature deer. I have a few from last year that I let walk that should look good but really need one more season to reach that 5 1/2 year old status. We have to let them get that old just to get 130-140 inch deer down here or at least in my area.

Central AR checking in. T-minus 7 days before bow season opens up here. Plan is to hunt hard this year, as it's my last season on some land I've been grooming for a few years, so I'm hoping to recoup the efforts! Hopefully I'm a good addition to the team and can't pull my weight!

Great work @GCTerpfan @PEEJAY and @Birddoggin19 for getting some early points on the board! That’s what we like to see.

GCs Buck
PJs doe
BD19s doe

Checkin in from Indiana. Empty nester so i hunt pretty hard. taking off a week to 10 days for speed goats in WY mid-Oct. kill 3-6 deer per year so i *should* be good for at least 10 points. usually shoot a buck. usually wait for 2.5yo+. just jinxed us all.

should get extra points for trad and public. most of what i do.

Not to complicate this but if I take two doe's before a buck, can I submit both doe's and then swap one out for a buck later? Also is there additional points for traditional equipment and hunting public land?
Last one is there an official rule's document somewhere for reference?
Thanks!! And yes, I ask to many questions but I hate not knowing

Not to complicate this but if I take two doe's before a buck, can I submit both doe's and then swap one out for a buck later? Also is there additional points for traditional equipment and hunting public land?
Last one is there an official rule's document somewhere for reference?
Thanks!! And yes, I ask to many questions but I hate not knowing
There is unlimited upgrades. So if you enter two does, you could then enter a spike, upgrade to a 4pt, upgrade to a 6pt and so on and so forth. No extra points for trad equipment or public land.

For you new guys make sure you type out what team your points go to so boyne knows who to give them to. Makes his job easier.
Example: 5 points to team 11 for this doe.

Back