• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Tether

tkohuntsMI

What’s everyone’s favorite tether? Currently I’m using my Hunters Safety System safety line that I had for attaching to my safety harness. It seems kind of heavy and clunky. Any suggestions?

Lot's of good options out there from Tethrd, AeroHunter, Wild Edge, and I know of at least one other supplier who will have some custom tethers in the coming weeks. DIY also with some thinner ropes like Sterling OpLux, HTP, or Predator is also popular. I'm going to try OpLux along with a new custom spliced rope and compare to see which I like better.

Yea I was thinking maybe a DIY set up. Maybe with an ascender instead of a prusik. What does everyone like for ascenders and briners!?

Yea I was thinking maybe a DIY set up. Maybe with an ascender instead of a prusik. What does everyone like for ascenders and briners!?
Where you at in Michigan? I'm Lapeer county and willing to show you a few different items if you want. Many use Ropeman 1s or for smaller rope the Kong Duck. I think they are essential for a lineman rope, but I don't adjust my tether much and a prusik worked ok for me - used both last year.

Predator with a prusik. It’s camo, low stretch, and grips bark amazingly. Bluewater assault is another I’d like to try. Basically it comes down to personal preference.

Listen to @DanO. He won’t steer you wrong and if you need anything check out his great products at doublesteps. I just ordered a OCB and strap for my ROS and couldn’t be happier with the product or customer service.

Where you at in Michigan? I'm Lapeer county and willing to show you a few different items if you want. Many use Ropeman 1s or for smaller rope the Kong Duck. I think they are essential for a lineman rope, but I don't adjust my tether much and a prusik worked ok for me - used both last year.
Aw man I’m like 2:30 away from you in the Nunica/Coopersville Area

Back