• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Tether'd Mantis Review

I got mine today as well. I sat in it for a few minutes and just love it. I am a stock sitdrag and rch guy and this mantis just blows that system away. Like sitting my ass on a cloud!

Great reviews guys and another great video Dave. Can’t wait to get mine. I was just looking at options to lighten my load. This will help greatly. Keep the reviews coming!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Awesome review Dave. I really appreciate all of your videos, they are very helpful.
This really gets me stoked about my large inbound

Nice review, hopefully I can pick one of those up after Christmas!

Dang it's a good looking saddle. I can't wait to get my hands on mine. The Kite is freaking wonderful but this looks to have just nailed 2 out of the 3 issues I have with it. Thinking I shoulda stuck with medium looking at your sizing.

Good review. Thanks Dave. I like and respect your opinion because I know your reviews are truthful and honest.

Last edited:
A good review means a lot coming from someone with so much saddle experience. I'm glad you pointed out that the Tethrd system was born from this community. Every single feature had to pass the "does it make it better for saddle hunters" test.

Sent from my Galaxy S8.

Thanks Dave. Please do followups throughout the season regarding your thoughts. I am following these new harness posts with cautious optimism, knowing that I will abandon the sitdrag and harness combo for something simpler next Spring. I figure with all the harness purchases being made right now, we are going to have some solid feedback by the beginning of next year. Pete

Great review. I’m definitely enjoying mine. It’s another learning process too. I hope you follow up mid season.

Dang it's a good looking saddle. I can't wait to get my hands on mine. The Kite is freaking wonderful but this looks to have just nailed 2 out of the 3 issues I have with it. Thinking I shoulda stuck with medium looking at your sizing.

I was thinking the same thing regarding sizing. We’ll see when the large gets here I guess. If it’s too big I hope the exchange process doesn’t take weeks and weeks.

I will definitely pass along things as I hunt this season. I am doing a lot of "new to me" things this year. I am hunting a ton of new WMAs and may even hook up with a few beast hunters/saddle hunters/trad guys that have invited me to hunt with them. I took the entire month of November off and I am playing it by ear. I did not really use any cameras or mineral licks this year - should be a fun season. And the best part is my shoulder continues to get stronger and thus I will be shooting trad this year (even though I can drive tacks with my new Triax).

Shoot straight

A real quick video on my initial thoughts about the Tether'd Mantis Saddle.

I also thought these would be nice to sit at ground level - especially on a high-bank, etc. I don't hear many folks suggesting that.

Question - with the Lineman's loops moved so far forward, isn't there much more potential to make contact with your biner / ropeman-biner on your sticks as you're climbing up? I use a Lineman's belt a lot with a normal stand setting HSS harness and the loops are forward like this and I seem to make a lot of contact - though I'm not trying to be careful when I set presets on the farm.

Received my Mantis yesterday, really like what I see, and will be comparing and contrasting it to my Kestrel this weekend.

Never been a problem for me. The best way to not make noise is to SLOW down. I much rather prefer to see my loops when I clip in and out of them.

I’d really like some reviews from sitters. Just from the look of the mantis, I suspect it’s made more toward leaners. I tend to be more of a leaner with a platform and more of a sitter with ring of steps because of foot positioning. But regardless of platform, I like to give my feet a break and sit for a little while. My whole style may change with the predator platform. We will just have to see.
Also I haven’t seen a review on the ropes but have been hearing from those with them that it’s not like predator rope. It’s soft and snags on ruff bark trees. Not stiff enough for a linemans rope. I thought G2 mentioned it was very similar to predator just a different color. Probably was in the secret thread. Anyway, I sent an email to cancel the $90 of ropes on my order. Guess I need to get back to learning to splice predator.
Thanks for the review Dave. The compactness is awesome!!!

Last edited:
Back