• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Tethrd Carbon Fiber Platform

midwest

Whoa! Wonder what the weight is. Carbon would be warmer on the feet, too!

Attachments

• carbon platform.JPG
    carbon platform.JPG
    35.2 KB · Views: 322
it seems like it is about the size of the xl, i'm guessing it'll be the weight of the original but size of xl....anyone have any info on that?

i hope they make a predator sized one that is 2 pounds or less

looks like they put the adjustment bolt for stand angle inside the post, which is probably a stronger location...and if it has enough travel might be good to navigate over to the aluminum version to prevent the cracks that form in the platform at that location

Figures. after I just pulled the trigger on the xl they come out with this.

it seems like it is about the size of the xl, i'm guessing it'll be the weight of the original but size of xl....anyone have any info on that?

i hope they make a predator sized one that is 2 pounds or less

looks like they put the adjustment bolt for stand angle inside the post, which is probably a stronger location...and if it has enough travel might be good to navigate over to the aluminum version to prevent the cracks that form in the platform at that location

There's no definitive info, Ernie said something about it weighing in like the original but....It's currently just a tease. Tethed doesn't have it all worked out yet.

Maybe a smaller platform would have been a better starting point for structural integrity, but I like the size they've shown and find the potential advantage greater.

There's no definitive info, Ernie said something about it weighing in like the original but....It's currently just a tease. Tethed doesn't have it all worked out yet.

Maybe a smaller platform would have been a better starting point for structural integrity, but I like the size they've shown and find the potential advantage greater.

they should do both sizes....a lot of us like the weight and packability of the lil' platforms....only has to be big enough for me to fully stand on and take the weight off my tether and then rotate to my weak side if needed

as a teenager, i got mad and broke a carbon fiber tennis racket on the court (channeling my inner john mcenroe)....karma got me back and i put a carbon fiber sliver through my thumb off the racket....i remember it 30 years later....not good
Still have carbon fiber pieces in my left forearm from an arrow blowing up on release 15+ years ago.

they should do both sizes....a lot of us like the weight and packability of the lil' platforms....only has to be big enough for me to fully stand on and take the weight off my tether and then rotate to my weak side if needed

I don't disagree, their bread and butter has been the Klemz size.

But the weight savings delta is likely more impressive as the platform is upsized.

More on the platform at about the 3:25 mark...

<iframe width="795" height="447" src="
" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

In rowing and cycling carbon fiber seats have seen countless hours of use without so much as a sliver in anyones a** that I'm aware of.

I thought following the Helo seat criticism that we'd see an CF seat from someone.

But torque underfoot, thats ore dynamic problem. Is CF up to the task? Idk.

As much as it unnerves me, AMD fiberglass is being used in stairs and catwalks, and I'm like, wow.

Still have carbon fiber pieces in my left forearm from an arrow blowing up on release 15+ years ago.

i remember it feeling like a giant hornet sting...like a splinter with chemical burn added...maybe due to the small fibers doing their thing.....was it similar for you?

In rowing and cycling carbon fiber seats have seen countless hours of use without so much as a sliver in anyones a** that I'm aware of.

I thought following the Helo seat criticism that we'd see an CF seat from someone.

But torque underfoot, thats ore dynamic problem. Is CF up to the task? Idk.

As much as it unnerves me, AMD fiberglass is being used in stairs and catwalks, and I'm like, wow.

the butt splinter people are too ashamed to talk about it

Whoa! Wonder what the weight is. Carbon would be warmer on the feet, too!

help me out here. I am a world class GIRLSCOUT when it comes to cold feet on stand. I have lacrosse boots that I think are like 1800 insulation or something and my feet still freeze.

how much of that can be influenced by the material? I use a predator. I’ve read of guys adding a carpet on top. Does it make a difference? What about doing vet tape on all surfaces?

crap I just hijacked the thread with a random question sorry. But help me out!

help me out here. I am a world class GIRLSCOUT when it comes to cold feet on stand. I have lacrosse boots that I think are like 1800 insulation or something and my feet still freeze.

how much of that can be influenced by the material? I use a predator. I’ve read of guys adding a carpet on top. Does it make a difference? What about doing vet tape on all surfaces?

crap I just hijacked the thread with a random question sorry. But help me out!

i wear a polymer orthotic for flat feet, but a stiff shank boot works also, i purposefully wedge the platform edge into the heel of my boot and keep most of my boot off the platform because it does have an effect (if you try my stand on the edge to save your feet move...you'll hurt your feet in flexible boots)...paracord helps....arctic shield boot blankets with chemical warmers inside is what you need.....the metal conducts heat away from the bottom of the boot and then acts like big antenna in the cold air dispersing the heat, making the metal ready to pull more heat from your boot

But back to the thread… carbon is cool and I’d be willing to pay a premium but what is wrong with the size of the og predator?! The freakin thing fits in an outlaw sling pack like they were designed for each other. Freakin perfect size. I don’t get this xl trend

i wear a polymer orthotic for flat feet, but a stiff shank boot works also, i purposefully wedge the platform edge into the heel of my boot and keep most of my boot off the platform because it does have an effect (if you try my stand on the edge to save your feet move...you'll hurt your feet in flexible boots)...paracord helps....arctic shield boot blankets with chemical warmers inside is what you need.....the metal conducts heat away from the bottom of the boot and then acts like big antenna in the cold air dispersing the heat, making the metal ready to pull more heat from your boot

ok gotcha. I do arctic shields with warmers but they are a pain to get on. I need a larger size of booties.

But back to the thread… carbon is cool and I’d be willing to pay a premium but what is wrong with the size of the og predator?! The freakin thing fits in an outlaw sling pack like they were designed for each other. Freakin perfect size. I don’t get this xl trend

it seems things are splitting into ultra minimalistic ring of steps and lil' perches....or something approaching a lone wolf custom gear 0.5 size....i'm happy like you right in the middle....hopefully the manufacturers are reading the market signals well enough not to leave us out of future developments

ok gotcha. I do arctic shields with warmers but they are a pain to get on. I need a larger size of booties.

sizing is off....most people need the biggest size they make...i emailed and told them their sizing and shape is off and almost everyone talks about it....no reply....email them and let them know too, if you feel like it

Back