• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Tethrd FAS Pack

They mentioned high price but did I miss the actual price? Maybe it was during the part where they opened it because I missed that part too. They did show the “nest”.

Edit: so I watched a couple other videos. It. Learned up the opening. Price is still a mystery. Bid is $349 Bob on the Kifaru Bandit.

Last edited:
I haven’t watched all the videos yet but it reminds a lot of the Shape Charge but with a meat shelf? Looks like a very solid offering. I’ll have to say this is the first Tethrd Product I’ve been excited about in awhile. I like that they outlined some potential draw backs about it too and my favorite is it’s USA made. Good for them. Those boys are marketing geniuses. The high end pack market and accessories is exploding right now aligning with the mobile hunting game. Kifaru,Exo,Eberlestock , MR, T&K, PackRabbit, Marsupial, look at all the packing systems Trophyline and even some offerings through LWCG/ XOP are entering into now too.

Last edited:
The Price is Right style, I’m going to guess $400 simile to Kifaru pricing and materials. Plus add on pouches and compression kits closer to $500.
It does look very nice. As a four stick traditional climbing style guy, I keep wishing Eberlestock would make the X2 in a smaller size. But, it looks like they did a great job here trying to hit all the gangs of saddle hunters.

Can someone explain what Berry Compliant is? I’m assuming some kind of military specification but what does it actually mean to hunters and hunting. I believe Kifaru and many other high end pack systems are all”Berry Compiant.” Not sure why that matters.

Can someone explain what Berry Compliant is? I’m assuming some kind of military specification but what does it actually mean to hunters and hunting. Believer Kifaru and many othe high end pack systems are all”Berry Compiant.”
You are correct. It just means it meets certain rules/regulations to be sold to US government entities. Not sure what entities would want this pack other than maybe some game warden type jobs. Anyways, it means X amount of the materials and manufacturing are from and happen in the US. So for example, Sitka and FL are not Berry compliant due to where they are made. Does this help sir?

Perfect! Well then I agree with that requirement then if it requires materials and labor to be sourced from the USA. I agree with that completely!!!

You are correct. It just means it meets certain rules/regulations to be sold to US government entities. Not sure what entities would want this pack other than maybe some game warden type jobs. Anyways, it means X amount of the materials and manufacturing are from and happen in the US. So for example, Sitka and FL are not Berry compliant due to where they are made. Does this help sir?

X = 100%

End items, components and materials must be wholly grown, reprocessed, reused or produced in the US.

Something they said about a compression kit. Extra for compression straps maybe? Doesn’t look like it will take a hip belt, but it does have a small frame sheet.

Last edited:
X = 100%

End items, components and materials must be wholly grown, reprocessed, reused or produced in the US.

Something they said about a compression kit. Extra for compression straps maybe? Doesn’t look like it will take a hip belt, but it does have a small frame sheet.
That’s not necessarily true either. There are exceptions to the Berry amendment. If something is not available in the US or if it’s purchased from Allies and meets the minimum thresholds for amount of material that is domestically sourced it can also be Berry compliant. The Act was essentially created to make sure there are domestic companies that can supply fabrics, food and materials to the D.O.D during times of war.

That’s not necessarily true either. There are exceptions to the Berry amendment. If something is not available in the US or if it’s purchased from Allies and meets the minimum thresholds for amount of material that is domestically sourced it can also be Berry compliant. The Act was essentially created to make sure there are domestic companies that can supply fabrics, food and materials to the D.O.D during times of war.

Roger that. Sounds like it would be a pain to seek a waiver for a pack not that the gov/mil has much use for a FAS pack.

Roger that. Sounds like it would be a pain to seek a waiver for a pack not that the gov/mil has much use for a FAS pack.

Correct it is a PIA. I was just stating not everything Berry compliant is made here.

Gosh all I can say at $399 black Friday special they are PROUD of that pack.

I haven't been pack shopping in a few years so maybe this is current fair market price.

I was holding out to consider this pack. But the absence of a hip belt is a deal breaker for me. Really don't understand why they didn't add that

Minus not having the hip belt, I think this may be the perfect pack ever made. Very well designed… I think you could add a hip belt if you needed one. I think they didn’t add one because it’s not really designed to haul a lot of weight. It sounds like this is one product that they really took their time to get it “right” before selling it. They have several YouTube videos on it.

It’s made in the USA so that definitely runs the cost up probably $100 over if it were made in China.

I’ve got one on order…. I’ll sell Kuiu and a Sitka pack that I don’t use to fund it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Minus not having the hip belt, I think this may be the perfect pack ever made. Very well designed… I think you could add a hip belt if you needed one. I think they didn’t add one because it’s not really designed to haul a lot of weight. It sounds like this is one product that they really took their time to get it “right” before selling it. They have several YouTube videos on it.

It’s made in the USA so that definitely runs the cost up probably $100 over if it were made in China.

I’ve got one on order…. I’ll sell Kuiu and a Sitka pack that I don’t use to fund it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I almost have done this too. (Sell my Kuiu and other stuff) but I preferred to be married.

Back