• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Tethrd phantom bridge prusik knot ok?

Shakeandbake

Maybe some with a phantom can answer this question. I’ll try and post pictures. I received my phantom a few days ago and the prusik knot on the bridge seems really small and thin compared to the thickness of the rest of the bridge. Is everyone else’s prusik knot like this?

Attachments

• 4ACD5AE3-980E-4044-84DC-C28FBB21BDF6.jpeg
    4ACD5AE3-980E-4044-84DC-C28FBB21BDF6.jpeg
    397.8 KB · Views: 89
Looks fine to me. That is a contious loop splice. The portion you see that is thinner is just the area of that loop where the burys stop/are terminated inside.

Looks fine to me. That is a contious loop splice. The portion you see that is thinner is just the area of that loop where the burys stop/are terminated inside.

Ok, good to know. The amsteel on the bridge just looks so much thicker. Doesn’t seem like much material but I’m guessing the amsteel has a very high load rating.

Yes. That’s by design actually so the smaller diameter portion of the loop sits inside the comfort channels better

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was making mine with the buries touching, to close that gap, then realized it probably intentional as the thinner 3/16 "bites" into the nodes on the bridge loops much better. 4900 lbs breaking strength on the 3/16 material

I was making mine with the buries touching, to close that gap, then realized it probably intentional as the thinner 3/16 "bites" into the nodes on the bridge loops much better. 4900 lbs breaking strength on the 3/16 material

4900lbs wow, I think that should hold me haha

Back