• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Tethrd Phantom vs. WE Yarak?

mikear

I’m looking to get in to a saddle for next season. I’m from Oklahoma so I want a mesh saddle and have it narrowed down to the Yarak or Phantom (when they’re available) unless something else earth shattering comes out. Has anyone tried both of these saddles? If so, what are your thoughts?

I’ve never hunted in a saddle, so I have no experience there. Climbed wind turbines for almost 10 years and have been hunting from a climber, hang ons, and on the ground, so familiar with trees and heights. I’ve also been using a lineman’s belt and RCH for 3 seasons.

Thanks in advance,
Mike

I am curious about this as well. I have a Mantis that I like fine but may look closely at either of these. Honestly, it seems like the Phantom is more realistic at this point in terms of having to hunt in by the fall. I cannot imagine many folks that have lengthy experience in both at this point.

Very interested in this comparison as well.

Although the Yarak does seem to be a distant fairy tale

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dang it. I had not seen the phantom deal yet. Looks like I’m buying another saddle next year.

Dibs on buying my mantis anyone?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Last edited:
With wild edge distancing themselves lately from aero hunter and aero hunter at a pretty significant lead time, I doubt you are gonna see any more than a handful of yaraks anytime soon.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

I’m sure competitors check out each other’s products, so I’m very interested in your opinion on the subject. What sets the Phantom apart from the Flex/Yarak other than the obvious? I’m not trying to be too forward, but I think many here would like to know your take (and WE’s as well).

One of the things that makes this community so great is the ability to speak directly with the folks designing and manufacturing the products.

Thank you!

Me too, comparing 2 saddles that are not available.... prob only (very) small handful of guys on here that can actually comment from personal experience not speculation.
I was actually saying that seeing @Erniepower post here anymore is like seeing a unicorn, however, I thought the same thing you posted as well.

With wild edge distancing themselves lately from aero hunter and aero hunter at a pretty significant lead time, I doubt you are gonna see any more than a handful of yaraks anytime soon.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Aero hunters lead time is getting better I spoke with them not long ago
No different than Anyone else has been the last few months

I’m sure competitors check out each other’s products, so I’m very interested in your opinion on the subject. What sets the Phantom apart from the Flex/Yarak other than the obvious? I’m not trying to be too forward, but I think many here would like to know your take (and WE’s as well).

One of the things that makes this community so great is the ability to speak directly with the folks designing and manufacturing the products.

Thank you!
If that’s the feedback you’re looking for this conversation would need to take place in the Vendor section. @mikear & @Erniepower would both need memberships to do so.......

Thank you!

I wouldn't mind hearing the response to your questions from @Erniepower. But please be aware the forum does have new vendor rules which limit where Vendors may discuss their products. These would be great questions to be posed in that section.

Here are the new rules if you'd like to read up.

If no Yarak/Phantom comparisons.........how about Flex/Phantom comparisons??

If no Yarak/Phantom comparisons.........how about Flex/Phantom comparisons??
Most of the guys testing the phantom had them late 2018and some didn’t get them until summer 2019 but most knew they were testing the phantom so I doubt they even ordered a yarak or flex. I would be interested in sitting in either just out of curiosity. Curious behinds want to know.

There’s not one single thing I can say bad about the Kestrel Flex
It’s light but feels a lot safer than the mesh offerings from Tethrd
It’s got leg buckles (not clips)
Stretch where u need it
Easy to access loops and the Molle webbing isn’t flat the webs are popped out a hair so u can actually access them
And predator rope is great
Super durable and high weight rating
We’re hanging on by one rope make it the best u can

Back