• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Tethrd Predator CFX

Rutman

SH Member
Looks like it’s finally about to happen on Black Friday…

b47988d55fa371a242b07ea42e67777b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: CP3
Looks like the Predator except black. I can’t imagine it’s that much more awesome. Predator is already only 3# and so tiny I can almost put it in my pocket. No reason to hit the bank account up for this one. Besides, Tethrd’s BF track record is something to behold.
I’m honestly just replying to this thread because I’m a sucker for all the b****ing and moaning that’s going to take place in about 6-9 days.
“I placed my order at 12:09 am on Black Friday and it’s already Monday with no shipping confirmation! I only emailed hello@tethrdnation.com like, 4 times asking when my platform is going to ship. They haven’t responded, something about not working on Sunday or whatever. Ugh if I don’t see my shipping notification by Wednesday I’m canceling my order and buying a new LWCG climber.”
One day we’ll all be happy with our commercially available Klemz platforms just the way they are. Until then, popcorn is popping and I’m ready for the show…

I’m so glad I splurged on a bunch of this stuff already. Unless anyone is reinventing the wheel I’m good. I am interested in the weight but I’m not sure I want to spend $300 to drop one pound from the original platform.

Last edited:
The only thing that excited me. Would be not standing on metal as the temps keep dropping here.
But if they made it like an inch wider and shaved 3oz off I would totally get one.

If this dropped two months ago I'd have bought it. My seasons over in two weeks. Think its smarter to let others try it out, then depending on those reviews buy for next season.
Plus Tethrd likes to quietly upgrade their stuff, like adding better designed straps and molle slots on those straps on the fas pack in less than a year. Wouldn't be surprised if the carbon Platform we see next year has some upgrades over this after consumer feedback.

How do you like it?
As others have stated, if you already have a platform you like and have dialed in with your 2023 season setup, don't rush to it and wait. Like the latitude carbon sticks hype, you will see some on the classifieds.

The biggest pro to me is never having to worry about a metal on metal sound occurring ever again even using a buckle.

For those of you in the north, the cold will not be felt on your hands while setting it up nor through your boots. I've never dealt with that myself but it doesn't get cold.

Wait until you all see the measurements on it. You may be surprised. But then again, you may not be.

How well does it cam? Take side Pressure? Any noise? How flat does it fold?

Looks like the Predator except black. I can’t imagine it’s that much more awesome. Predator is already only 3# and so tiny I can almost put it in my pocket. No reason to hit the bank account up for this one. Besides, Tethrd’s BF track record is something to behold.
I’m honestly just replying to this thread because I’m a sucker for all the b****ing and moaning that’s going to take place in about 6-9 days.
“I placed my order at 12:09 am on Black Friday and it’s already Monday with no shipping confirmation! I only emailed hello@tethrdnation.com like, 4 times asking when my platform is going to ship. They haven’t responded, something about not working on Sunday or whatever. Ugh if I don’t see my shipping notification by Wednesday I’m canceling my order and buying a new LWCG climber.”
One day we’ll all be happy with our commercially available Klemz platforms just the way they are. Until then, popcorn is popping and I’m ready for the show…
Wait on measurements. Then make your call.

As others have stated, if you already have a platform you like and have dialed in with your 2023 season setup, don't rush to it and wait. Like the latitude carbon sticks hype, you will see some on the classifieds.

The biggest pro to me is never having to worry about a metal on metal sound occurring ever again even using a buckle.

For those of you in the north, the cold will not be felt on your hands while setting it up nor through your boots. I've never dealt with that myself but it doesn't get cold.

Wait until you all see the measurements on it. You may be surprised. But then again, you may not be.
Does it feel more plastic than carbon? I get it carbon, but the latitude sticks feel like I'm using a piece of plastic.

Does it feel more plastic than carbon? I get it carbon, but the latitude sticks feel like I'm using a piece of plastic.
I do not know exactly what percentage of carbon it is versus other materials. I have read in other threads here that the latitude sticks only a certain percentage of actual CF in them as well.

I could see where some people will say it feels like a very thick and strong type of plastic.

I'll see how it plays out by next June or so and decide if I need to upgrade. If it shaves some weight and is as easy to pack as the current predator I'll make the change. other than changing my ropes out this off season and adding an aider I have nothing else on the upgrade list.

Just a few more days.

Time to power up the tractor beam with these oh so juicy platform specs. With all the other companies dropping BF sales early, ain’t gonna be nothing left to spend in a few more days. We‘re making impulsive buys now.

Already know the specs of a CF pack frame, just saying.

How's the flex? Does it give any? Or is it rigid?
Curious too. If it doesn’t flex and yelp like my predator (which I still like for public land) but offers more real estate at a lighter weight , I’d consider upgrading and doing more public land hunting.

Back