• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Tethrd saddle question

Jasonejt

Looking for opinions on the Tethrd phantom saddle. Pros and cons. Heard some like it some hate it

Hey man, I haven’t personally used one, but hit the search bar and I’m sure there’s some posts in it. Also, YouTube some different saddles as well!

aerohunter
Cruzr
Treehopper
Etc….

there’s a lot out there now.

Looking for opinions on the Tethrd phantom saddle. Pros and cons. Heard some like it some hate it
I like mine….don’t absolutely love it…really the only downsides are the comfort channels were a neat concept but not great in the field and the molle is CRAZY tight… it really does hunt good though, I like the Amstel bridge, lineman loops and the saddle itself a lot….. I’m looking at giving the method 2… might be interested in selling my phantom after season if ur looking

Nothing against Tethrd at all, in fact I think they can be credited with the current saddle craze. However, I think a lot of people start with their saddles and as they get more time in the saddle they move on to others. I have owned two Tethrd saddles and moved on, primarily for comfort reasons.

Had a Phantom. Too narrow for me. You want it higher on your waist, but when you pull it up you feel like you are about to fall out of it, so you pull it down and now it’s way below your waist, which doesn’t feel natural after wearing pants around your actual waist all of your life. I did 5 hour sits in my Phantom and I wasn’t uncomfortable but I wasn’t comfortable either. It was a little like an itch that you can’t scratch Lol.

So I decided to try a Cruzr XC. While I’m waiting for it to arrive I saw a guy looking for a Phantom on the forum. I told him that that I might have one for sale in a week, figuring that I would get the Cruzr XC and hunt with it for a week before I made the decision to sell my Phantom. Cruzr XC shows up and I do one sit it….and put my Phantom up for sale when I got home. Didn’t need a week or even two sits, it was like night and day difference for me. I like Tethrd, but people are looking for more comfort and they are selling thier Phantoms to find it. The polls don’t lie.

Had a Phantom. Too narrow for me. You want it higher on your waist, but when you pull it up you feel like you are about to fall out of it, so you pull it down and now it’s way below your waist, which doesn’t feel natural after wearing pants around your actual waist all of your life. I did 5 hour sits in my Phantom and I wasn’t uncomfortable but I wasn’t comfortable either. It was a little like an itch that you can’t scratch Lol.

So I decided to try a Cruzr XC. While I’m waiting for it to arrive I saw a guy looking for a Phantom on the forum. I told him that that I might have one for sale in a week, figuring that I would get the Cruzr XC and hunt with it for a week before I made the decision to sell my Phantom. Cruzr XC shows up and I do one sit it….and put my Phantom up for sale when I got home. Didn’t need a week or even two sits, it was like night and day difference for me. I like Tethrd, but people are looking for more comfort and they are selling thier Phantoms to find it. The polls don’t lie.

I agree. I like Tethrd, but I think their minimalist saddle design is a step behind several competitors. It slips/inches up during sits and feels too low when you correct it. Unless weight is your primary concern, there are more comfortable choices.

I have a Menace on the way. Any thoughts on that one from tethrd? they advertise it for comfort.

I have a Menace on the way. Any thoughts on that one from tethrd? they advertise it for comfort.
I don’t have personal experience with the Menace, but theoretically, i would think that the solid material panel would actually be more comfortable than the mesh because the straps and material itself offer relatively the same amount of support. Maybe someone will chime in who actually owns one.

I have not tried the Menace. My first impression is that it does not have a enough fabric for a full covering. Pic of Menace vs Cruzr XC:
Menace.jpg
Menace 2.jpg
Cruzr xc.png

I have not tried the Menace. My first impression is that it does not have a enough fabric for a full covering. Pic of Menace vs Cruzr XC:
That’s a good point. I don’t even use the pleats on my XC and it covers my waist and my butt no problem.

Yes, thats pretty interesting. I didnt know about the Cruzr when i ordered. Thought i had seen them all. lol

I have one. Used it for a handful of sits. It is comfortable but i am a sitter. Leaning puts too far from the tree, i like being as concealed as possible. It’s my only saddle that i own and don’t see me switching anytime soon. I am a 34” waist and use a large.

Back